Beads

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Papa64, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The best thing I have found to protect my knots is just a half inch piece of defroster hose. It's soft and very cheap to use. I tried plastic beads and they didn't protect very good but the rubber hose does a great job, and you can buy different sizes.

2. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thats a great idea. Thanks for the idea.​

3. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Thanks for sharing that is a good Idea.

4. Cantrell2500HD

Cantrell2500HD New Member

State:
    Cedar Park, Tx
    That is a good idea indeed

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree small pieces of hose works better than beads and a whole lot more cheeper.

6. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have never tried the hose and im sure it works well and is cheaper. I buy 20 beads for $1.99 and bait shops here but they work just fine I have never had a problem with them. I use barrel swivels, a bead, sinker slide, 2-10oz weights and 65-100lb PP and never (knock on wood) have had this setup fail me

7. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Sounds like a good idea, with the tubing, but I been using beads over twenty fives years of fishing and never had any problems (knock on wood).

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i haven't had any problems with the beads either, i take mine from my daughters bead kit (thats what she gets for leaving them out) :curl-lip:

9. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Thanks for the idea!

10. Turtleracer

Turtleracer New Member

State:
    Upper So. Cal.
    I have always used plastic beads, never had any problems with them. I get mine at the craft store for $3.99 for a bag of 500 beads.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

The tubing sounds like a great idea!

However, if anyone needs beads of a certain size (tell me what that is) I will be happy to send him/her some, if I have what they want. Gettin' rid of my crafting equipment!

PM me your mailing address, and I'll get them out to you. Not many are glass, if that's what you're looking for....the tiny SEED beads are glass.....
    :handshake:

12. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Howdy Motard1, I have some of that plastic tubing your talking about and it has worked out quite well also.

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    used high performance spark plug wires seemed to be a bit softer than the cheaper brands. Cleaned, gray/yellow cut into 1/4-3/8" peices with the inner line pulled out,,,Forever and a day they will last..LOL..Or until you break off..