Beach/jetty fishing in Monterey, CA

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by BKS72, Jul 3, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm going to be in Monterey Saturday and I'm thinking of doing a little fishing off of the dock or the big rock jetty I saw on Google Earth. Not looking to catch anything huge, but I would love to catch a small shark or maybe a ray.

I'll check with the local tackle shops, but any pointers on bait or rigs/presentation would be appreciated. Thanks in advane!

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Branden ....monterey/carmel cali is beautiful if you get the chance drive along the coast there , hit up the montery bay aquarium and just enjoy the site's .... if you have the money to get on a charter boat there doing real good out on the ocean right now for alot of different type's of fish. As far as peir fishing right now i can't help you out it's been awhile that i've been down there....But the best of luck to you and bring a camara along with you for some great pic's.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    The aquarium is on the list. I just want to go wet a line for a couple of hours, don't really want to blow the day away on a charter (and if I did want to, the wife would change my mind pretty quick:smile2:)

I'll probably just wind up tossing some big cut bait out in the ocean and see if anything bites:smile2:

Thanks for the info!

Branden

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    lol i almost forgot to tell you there are HUGE greatwhite shark's in that water also ...so don't go swimming there lol

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Good deal, big cut bait it is!:smile2:

6. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    If you don't want to shell out the $13 or so on a one-day license, you might consider fishing from a municipal pier. http://californiaangler.com/pier2.htm has some information, but you're safest asking the locals for specifics, especially the person renting the gear. Be forewarned that once you step off the pier, you'll need a license to fish.

-- Rich

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Best of luck Brandon. It must be rough stayin in that ocean front motel, being catered to like a king.:smile2: Send us some pic's and if i never see ya again, i'll assume JAWS had a nice meal.:confused2: