Be thoughtful!

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Dsage, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Ok I know that some of the guys on here like to run lines. If you do think of others and think of the guys in the boats. I was out on the Dragoon Saturday attempting to get bait when I about took the lower unit off of the motor. Some one ran several Trotlines from bank to bank and had them so they were sitting about 10" under the water from bank to bank. I can only begin to think what would had happen if I would had hit this moving at any speed. And to top it off the person was using line the size of a pencile or bigger and it did not have any give to it. So if you do run lines think of other that are fishing the waters with you. It just might save a life or some one a lot of money.

2. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Here there be Morons. If you think you want to hide a trotline, hang it lower
    so that people won't hang up in it. People aren't running your lines, meth
    heads! They are running over them and tangling them in their props!! Dsage,
    did ja look for the address plate on the end of the trotline or are you
    certain this dimbulb was poaching or fishing illegal?

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I agree. Fish how ya want but do it right. Obey the laws and think of others. Sorry that happened to ya Dan.

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    We ran up to them and they did not have a name or anything on them. Then again I can not recall the last time I did see a line tagged. Makes a person want to drive by with the knife out and take care of them.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    As long as I have been fishin I can count 2 lines that I have seen legal. Compared to the hundreds of lines that were not. Thats sad.:sad2: It doesnt cost anything to put a piece of tape with your info and it doesnt cost anything to set them right. People shouldnt have to pay for someones elses neglegence.

6. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    No one would fault you for removing an obvious obstruction from an area
    where folks often go pleasure boating. No markings, no owner and if you
    happen to find a few catfish snagged on the hooks and some extra bait
    for the day its just your payback for doing public service. And you have
    several stout trotlines for your own uses in another spot if you so choose.
    If someone claims the trotline while you are removing it, ask him for his
    address and calmly use your cellphone to speedial in a complaint while
    suggesting that if the officer has time, you have both the perp and the
    evidence in hand. You do have a shotgun, don't you? Crime and
    punishment!

7. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    thats my way of thinking to i just cut em i tag my lines and i know the guys that fish around the blue river bridge dont tag theres but they should think twice about making a viedo of there ileagle act (mega cat crew)

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    another thing that urks me about those illeagle line runners (no tag) is they often leave their lines there when they get done:angry: witch is also illeagle sence set lines are required to be checked once every 24hrs, and its littering that someone or something can get cought in:angry:

9. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Next time I will do a better job of hiding my lines.:smile2: The dragoon is covered in lines and I have only seen a few with tags. I duck hunt on the goon and I see about 1000 limb lines the whole time.