Just wanted to warn everyone of something that just happened to me, watch out! Was just sitting around watch TV, had my little floor heater running. This is a heater I've been using for a year or so with no problems. It was plugging into a heavy duty extension cord. As I was watch TV I noticed a small speed change of the fan, didn't think anything about it. Minutes later I noticed a faint odor passed it of thinking maybe the dog passed gas.The second time I heard the fan speed change I looked toward the heater then the extension cord. At the point where the heater plugged into the extension cord I noticed at whiff of smoke. This was lying on the carpet and it was starting to melt at that connection. Quickly I turned the heater off and unplugged it from the wall. Had I been asleep, in another room or if my boys had been using this without paying attention this could have been really bad. I'm sure this is how houses burn down and people lose their lives everyday as winter approaches. This time I was very lucky no damages what so ever. This is a lesson I will never forget. For everyone out there using any kind of additional heaters please be safe and pay close attention at all times.