Be respectful

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catfishrollo, Jul 25, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i recently have been dealing with a combination of boaters being disrespectful, and stupidness...first of all, there are alot more people out there then 10-15yrs. ago. i can understand this..However, there are as many dumb ums, there as well... raged fishermen dropping anchors on your fishing lines, other boaters not giving up space when running the low water period in the the river channel. i guess i never realized the idiots out there with no common sense, kinda just like giving a gun to a hunter with no training...it is sad to say, but it is an accident waiting to happen on the water, and will happen in a matter of time!! get educated, and slow down around others. after all, we are out there for fun anyways right?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just be patient and Darwin's theory of the survival of the fittest will soon kick in. LOL

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i know what you mean i was fishing saturday night in a area of the lake that is not very wide, i had several boats come through and most slowed down to not wake speed and moved to the far side of the gut, but one fellow came by in his idea of a no wake speed and in the middle of the gut over my lines his wake was almost 2' and he came back both times i gave him a wave off but he just ignore me. some people should not own boats.

just a reminder an no wake speed means when you look behind your boat and do not see any wakes larger than 4-6" or less not large enough to surf on.my boat at idle speed will only throw a 2"-3" wake or less according to the water conditions most times it will be pretty flat.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I couldn't agree more, it's natures way of weening out the fools. Unfortunately, sometimes they take good folk down with them.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You need to get some attention signs on those boats. " Shotgun on Board", ":wink:I get Postal", " My 38 Pistols Do my Talking"," Fish or Die Here-Move Now".:angry: Just to name a few.:smile2:

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    nice ones Mickey!

7. jlangford

jlangford New Member

State:
    texas
    I know what you mean. I was at a small lake here in Texas bank fishing. I had 4 rods out on rod holders fishing. A bass fisherman came along the bank in his boat and went right over my lines. It wasn't like he couldn't see the rods, they were right out in the open. His trolling motor just missed my lines but he was casting right over them. The only thing i could think of was one of my rigs had 50 lb line on a heavy action rod and a Penn 309 reel. If he snagged that line there was going to be a pulling contest and i could pretty much tell you who was going to win.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you know its getting bad when you go to pull back into the ramp in middle of the night and there are bankfishermen there on the concrete fishing with lanterns,tent, that don't wanna move for you. i know it sounds like im a complainer, and im sure im not the only one dealing with this. i blame it more with our society today, economy etc. people can't afford an expensive weekend get-away. i understand...thats why soo many are camping, fishing etc. rather then going on long distance vacations like we all have in yrs. past. i think maybe alot of these are new to this as well and don't understand outdoor ethics yet... i only ask you to give the people the space, and treat others the same as you would want for yourself, wife and children. i have no problem how far you pitch your tent from mine as long as we respect each other...rollo

9. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I know exactly what you mean. Here in Ky theres a law that boaters are to slow to idle speed around fishermen,LOL:angry: I always slow down and go away from fishermen but most dont. If a 18' V-Hull bass boat with a 225HP motor comes by me in a 14' Jon the thats just their invetation to get as close as possible and open it wide:sad2: Never fails.

10. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

One of my favorite places to fish is off of a boat ramp on Grand Lake.
    When we are fishing on the ramp and see a boat coming in, we will
    pull in our lines and move all of our junk and wait until they have the boat loaded, then continue fishing.
    There's not that many boats the time's we are fishing, but the ramps are for the boaters, and we respect that?
    I just wish the boaters would respect us bank fishermen the same way?
    One place I like to fish, there won't be any boats until I start catching something, then they all start fishing there.
    They have the whole lake to fish for their Bass and Crappie, why do they have to interfere with my catfishing?

Ken

11. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I dont blame a thing on the economy, our gov't, or the way these folks were brought up. This is just a case of being RUDE. When someone is on the boat ramp at the lake, i ask the to move as polite as i can. If they do not move or get an attitude with me, i ask them again. If they still dont move i will just back my boat onto their gear. When it is time to fish, i have little patients for the BS from a few ignorant people.

12. FlashGordon

FlashGordon New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's not just catfishermen that are bothered by the idiots on the water. I spend time on the Texas Kayak Fisherman board and the same complaints come across there. But with the smaller boats, there's a lot more danger involved than just running across lines. I think it is just our society has come to accept rudeness as a way of life. Just look at the TV and how rudeness brings laughs. We just need to remember the simplest commandment: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.:big_smile:.

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe