Be honest

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, May 27, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    What do you yall think about us yankees from up north Every time I head down south for a race I cant think How much more personel they are than what Ive come to know Dang I want out of this state

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    i THOUGHT I WAS ON THE MEMBERS WORLD BUT ID STILL LIKE TO HERE IT

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    As you can tell by my name, I am from the South. I have pretty much stopped watching NASCAR all together since they started to sell out their Southern heritage and roots. So, if you want to come down and watch NASCAR, more power to you.

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    WHAT YA'LL ARE YANKEE'S????? He!! every time I read something ya'll sound just like me. Oh no this is going to be weird when I go to the National Gathering and meet ya'll. I hadn't thought about ya'll sounding yankee, don't get me wrong I don't care where your from, I just haven't thought of this untill now. I can't wait to meet Big George someday with that jersey accent when I read his stuff he really sounds southern, now I have to go back and reread all his stuff in yankee.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    what does it matter where a person is from? prick a persons finger from north south east or west guess what the color of blood is the same. Way I feel about it if a person dont like me becasue i came from california ney york alabama wisconson well thats there loss.

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    It don't matter Mutt.

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I agree with ya RIP. It dont and shouldnt matter. I have freidns from all over the states and all walks and colors of life and treasure every one of thier friendships.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    When I was in the service most all my best buddies were Yankees. I'm still corresponding with one after 50 years.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    The only difference is the different accents and I love them all.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have lived in New Jersey all my life. If you go down to a place called Elmer N.J. most of the people there have deep southern accents. I live very close to Big George (about 10 miles or so) and hope to fish with him someday, He once posted that "I'm a catfisherman stuck in New Joisey" and I feel the same.

11. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    l
    Why would you feel stuck in New Jersey, from the pics. I've seen ya'll have cat's there. And we (southerners) get made fun of all the time. I think it's funny somepeople think others are dumb because of their accents, or where their from. What does that say about them?:sad2:

12. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ok ill be honest here. i personally think that NASCAR is a waste of gas and money. no wonder why gas prices are so high is because of NASCAR burning up about a few hundred thousand gallons. waste of time because what is so special about a car with horsepower going around a circle? im from iowa and so i guess im neither north or south but in the middle. NASCAR is just waste of time, money and celebrations. im just here to speak the truth and thats it!

13. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Shows thier ignorance and stupidity.

14. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I smell the Tar heating up, and hear the chickens being plucked. LOL

15. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I do not judge people by there accents, looks, ETC. Acually I try not to judge people at all, who am I to do that! I know one thing for sure, and thats that I have never found A finer group of people than here. Life in this state is a bit fast paced! The population here has grown 10 fold in like the past 20 years. It makes me sad to see "big money" chopping down woods and dividing once beautiful farm lands and building "cookie cutter" housing developments and strip malls. When I first moved in to my house there was a woods behind the house with very old, large oaks. That woods was "green acres" so I thought they would not touch it. Herds of deer would travel through the woods to their feeding grounds all the time. Well one day I came home from work and the woods were all but gone! In one day those a$$ h*les destroyed what nature took hundreds of years to create. It was not a pretty sight! Now it seems like there is no where in this state that is safe from over development. OK i'm off the soap box now.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Nascar a wastre of gas? I dont know about you but I wont put 112 octane in my ride. The cost of engines is too high.
    Far more gas is wasted everyday by people driving cars and trucks with underflated tires.

It doesn't matter where you are from. Preserving the heritage from where you come from is what matters.
    There are plenty of people in this world that would be satisfied if we were all the same and there was no uniqueness from person to person.
    History is commonly altered to reflect this.

17. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    How boring would that be? If it was that way we wouldn't be here typing to eachother. And we wouldn't be having a NATIONAL GATHERING.

18. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, I know what you mean! I have been hittin the yard sales every weekend trying to find a fish like yours! LMAO:lol:

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I try to treat all people with RESPECT !!! LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THY SELF.

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now what is wrong with JOISEY! LOL! Here is our state motto. LOL!

New Jersey
    You Want A ##$%##! Motto?
    I Got Yer ##$%##! Motto
    Right here!