Be forwarned!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cheapNdisgusting, Aug 16, 2009.

1. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I live in basically two different places and it isn't easy. An awful lot of pressure for just one person to handle and am writing this to try to help anyone thinking about doing this, and explain the pitfalls of this treacherous undertaking. I have a home on the outskirts of St. Louis Mo. that I share with my wife. I have a farm in Southeast Mo. that I share with two cats, Bob and Hoppy. Bob eats crawfish and Hoppy only has three legs

When in the city, I make many decisions. Most of them are "do I do it now" or "do I listen to her yap until I do it". I do, however have total control over when it is time for a bodily function. Pretty much everything else is predetermined.

In the city, when I cut the grass I cut it at right angles so it makes a pattern that she likes. I fire up the trimmer and edge everything in sight.
    When I am at the farm I have to decide (by myself) on whether to use the riding lawnmower or the brush-hog. I trim with Round-up. Sometimes I even let it go for a couple weeks until the ingrained guilt forces me to make the decision of "cut or probably die of guilt". I better get it done because she may ask.

Television is another problem I don't have in the city. At the farm, I actually have to decide (by myself) which channel to watch. This isn't easy and I don't always do well on choices and occasionally have to lie about what I watch when questioned.

At the farm, I actually have to decide (by myself) when to go to bed AND when to get up. Sometimes this decision is so hard to make, that I stay in bed till 10 or 11 am. Sometimes I even take a nap. In the city, I don't have that problem.

Food is a BIG decision when at the farm. "To eat or not to eat" is something I have to decide on my own several times a day. If I decide "to eat" then I must decide on "what to eat", and often requires smelling leftovers to see if it is still good. Don't have any of these problems in the city. A bunch of places deliver.

When at the farm, after I make all the decisions neccessary to have breakfast (or brunch) then I have to decide (on my own) how to dress for the day. After I decide on an "outfit" which usually is overalls, socks and workboots. Then the big problems come into play. What am I going to do today. Am I going to go fishing and if so, where? Which boat? The river or the lake? Outboard, trolling motor, or paddle? 2 hours, 1/2 day, all day, overnight, couple days? See how complicated this gets? Once in a while I even drive all the way to Wappepello lake (by myself) and have to negotiate curvy roads and stopsigns without any outside help.(I did have on clean underwear in case I had a wreck) Quite often it overwhelms me so much that I just sit on the front porch and watch the deer and turkeys. Don't have ANY of these problems in the city.

Stores are another obstacle. There is only one grocery store within 20 miles and this sure helps. However, there are two Co-ops, and three places to get gas and diesel. Thankfully there is only one bait shop/convience store and it has a sorta deli-counter. This saves a couple decisions. Wall-mart is 60 miles away so I don't go there. I don't have to decide on any of this when in the city. I carry bags.

In the winter I ocassionally go outside without a coat. Don't have this problem in the city.

I know it is hard to believe but I have actually stayed by myself for as long as two weeks (360 hours) and lived! A couple times I did have a Tick on me but I remember my training and got it off BY MYSELF. I've even seen some spiders that I didn't have to smash.

So, If anyone out there is thinking that it would be really neat to have a place to go and chill out for a while - remember the warnings that I have written about. YOU WILL HAVE TO DECIDE THINGS ON YOUR OWN to survive.

This is too much pressure for the ordinary person - I've decided (on my own) to go take a nap.

2. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Russell, Those are some problems that many would like to have on occasion. Others would like to have those problems all the time. Im sure you will survive all the decisions that you will make in the near future. Enjoy them for all of us.:big_smile:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Russell, I know how hard it must be at times, what with brain drain from decisions, checking underwear, and wearing out mattresses, but somebody's gotta do it.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and keep on keeping on!!!:wink:

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Man how do you stand the pressure stay strong you can do it [lucky you]:wink::cool2::big_smile:

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Can ya believe this man!!!!!!! Only somebody from Missoura don't know when he has finally made it to heaven.

Good God Almighty and Elvira's warts on her big toe Zalma, what you contemplating this for? Move to that FARM, get your Gov't checks and shut the tootsie roll wrapper up.

99.99 % of the worlds population would crawl through Afghanistan's poppy fields and land mines to get to where you get to go.

Envy ya Zalma. Enjoy what ya got and invite me down anytime.

later, John.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It must be rough making the choice to sit on the porch and watch them deer and turkey. I wish I had that problem. The only problem I am going to have when I get home is now I have to decide what I want for dinner and cook it too. And gotta figure out how to work out the washing machine.

7. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    You are in pretty much the same boat. (except for the critters.) You have nicer critters. I've seen them at your place. You've got a bunch of stuff running around in your yard. You are certainly welcome anytime but it would probably like slummin for you. All I've got is a retarded cat that eats crawdads and a 3 legged cat, and there aren't ANY TROUT within 100 miles.

Andrew: Thanks for bieng where you are, I appreciate it. The washing machine isn't that tough - you just put 4 quarters in it and add soap.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I've never had to decide whether or not to take a nap, it just happens for me.

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    And I wear the britches in my house to.....I can use any amout of dishwashing liquid I want, and I can can run the vacuum clean as long as I like!