Be carefull out shopping

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jollymon, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    My son Aaron an his wife went shopping Friday morning at a outlet in Mrytle beach S.C., but they were lucky .they were parked within site of the front door of the store they were shopping in.They were in this store for about 30 mins.when they came out of the store to go to their truck ,the suv parked beside them an also a car park in front of them had been broken in,broken windows an grabbed what they could Thur window..The bad part of this story the other 2 cars had not been there 15 min > I guess something that helped my son,s truck not get broke in to is he had very dark window tinting ,plus it is kind of tall,so the crooks couldn't,t see the bags in the back seat of the truck.This was in a well lit parking lot an all the vehicle were within 50 -75 feet of the door to the store .

So if you go shopping gang don,t just put your purchases in plan view of someone walking up to your car ,at least cover them up with a sheet or something. Also to the sisters on here don,t go shopping alone ,have someone else with you for your an their safety . We don,t want to hear of anyone hurt or killed while out shopping this year .

The police were called an they got there in just a couple min ,an said that was the 10tenth or so report of car break-in in the last hour or so at the outlet that morning .

SO JUST BE CAREFUL OUT THERE AN ALSO AROUND THE HOUSE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON ,BECAUSE THE WAY THE TIMES ARE NOW MORE CROOKS WILL BE OUT TO STEAL FROM YOU

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for your post. It is shameful how folks are today,they would rather steal than work and buy their Christmas Gifts.:sad2:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing Dickie. I'm afraid this year is going to be bad one for thiefery.

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have a feeling Mickey has said it correctly... with all this bad economy talk and peoples lack of moral, its just going to get worse for those of us that work for what we have and have good morals... use your head out there people and know that it can happen to you and you will be okay...

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    After Christmas is what always worried me more.
    Living out in the country you are a target.

Alarm systems are cheap considering.
    Don't settle for the 99 dollar deals with contracts for monitoring.
    Shop around.
    I leave home with alot more peace of mind since I got one on the house and a seperate sytem on the shop.
    The signs and stickers will deter most would be thieves.
    When that siren goes off aint many folks that will stick around.

I know a man that went to work the week of Christmas one year.
    When he and his wife got home they were wiped nearly clean.
    Not only did they steal the tree but everything under it. They got the nicer furniture and didn't even leave the clothes that were in the drawers.
    They got hit bad.
    By the tracks it appears they backed a large box trailer up behind the house and spent alot of time cleaning them out. Never would have happened with an alarm system.
    neighbor up the road got hit 4 times. His insurance company forced him to alarm the house. The 5th time that dialer outran the thieves. It was programmed to start calling neighbors and people here on the farm.
    An 18 year old female cousin of mine ran them down in a pickup, passed
    them , and got them stopped in the road just long enough for the calvary to close in.

Alarm up folks. It's cheap insurance.
    The fire alarm within the system is well worth it. If my smoke heads go off, the alarm company calls the house. If no one answers in 2 rings 2 fire departments are inroute.
    It's provided alot of peace of mind.

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dickie, I am glad your son wasn't hit. I have been hit a couple times and now I try to never leave anything of value in my vehicles. But like everyone said, it is going to get worse.

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I stopped in Walmart today to let my wife get a gift for someone in the hospital. I waited outside, noticed lots of cameras on the roof. Cops were in the parking lot, but a good thief will wait till they leave, and use fake license plates when they load up and leave.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Depends on the camera system they have whether it's worth a flip.
    Some of those systems are just good enough to show that, yea, someone busted the window in that car.
    And some of them are good enough to print out a picture as good as any mugshot.

know that when ours are working correctly at work you can zoom in on a car enough to read the employee badge on the person sitting in the car.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Done enough work in Walmart to know that all them camera bubbles don't hold cameras too.
    You can bet your ass that there is a camera over each POS to catch short checkers.

Not long ago I bought something at midnight in Walmart. Several bags of stuff.
    Got all the way home and a 50 dollar item wasn't in the bags.
    Called Walmart the next day. The manager took my receipt number and checked the camera.
    Yea, I paid for it but the bag was never put in my cart.
    Good thing was that during that lapse of time the price was cut in half.
    I got what I bought and a refund for half what I paid for it.

10. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Another good reason for dark tinted windows,,,lol,,,I thought avoiding seat belt tickets was a good reason,,, now my vehicles have 2 good reasons they are tinted dark...:smile2::smile2::wink:

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don't get them tinted too dark.
    I once got a ticket for tinting too dark! The windows had a sticker that stated the tinting was approved by Texas DPS. But this was a city cop and he said I could have added the sticker.

I refused to pay the ticket, took it to court and represented myself. The cop had a city attorney representing him. The judge listen to both sides then ruled in my favor and threw out the case. :smile2:

12. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Just thought i should bring this thread back to the top. You all know this chit happens so be careful out there shopping this year .

13. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Here is a scam that has been going around here the past few months A"heads up" for those men who may be regular Home Depot customers.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No" and instead ask you for a ride to another Home Depot. You agree and they get in the backseat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen October 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, & 24th 29th. AlsoNovember 1st, 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 18rd, 22th, 25th, three times last Saturday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Walmart has wallets on sale 2.99 each

holliswood likes this.
  14. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    "Knock on wood" The Guns don't kill people - I do bumper sticker has worked so far.

15. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya but i bet it makes you feel like ur 16 again, dont it ??

16. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Just wanted to bring it back up ,to remind everyone to be careful out there shopping

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im ready to but heads with the women again this year. wife has to work. so i get the honer of the crowds.