Be careful what you ask for. New PB

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Sep 12, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Well i wanted to see if luck would strike 3 times in a row at the spot of the yellow eyes. Ive been there the past two nights and caught flatheads everytime. Well today i worked on my gf (sistersarcastic) to go with me. I told her if she didnt get a flathead she wouldnt have to go again this year. She was all for it until it was time to leave, she said she didnt want to and was staying home. So i got all of the bait ready, packed up, and left. I got about half down the street when she called saying she would go afterall. For the first hour all i heard was her complaining about how creepy the spot was and she was afraid of seeing the "eyes". That soon became a after thought. She got the first run of the night and it was a good one. She set hook and yelled to me HELP!!!!

The fish had her 7'6 heavy action catmaxx rod doubled over and ripping drag. After about a 5 minute fight she landed her new PB. It was a 30 pound flathead.:crazy: She was pumped so we snapped pics and released the fish. As soon as i threw her rod back out it didnt take 10 minutes. Clicker went again, this time it was a 20-25 pound flathead. Which was around her old PB. The runs continued but with no results, i lost 5 different fish, i was fishing big baits all night so im guessing they were small. I ended up landing a 10ish pound flathead. It was my goal to get her a nice flathead tonight but i didnt think she would steal the show lol:wink::smile2:

Attached Files:

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that 30lb flat sure was a beautifull fish, and that catch gave me new confidence in that stretch! BTW, we ended up leaving about 3am with 1 6lb channel caught.

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congratulations on your girlfriends new P.B. , that is a fine looking fish. Bet she had a blast.

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congratulations on your girlfriends new P.B

5. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    lol isn't that always the way it goes. they either catch the biggeset or the most. thanks for sharing

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    she maybe a keeper if she understands fishing she will never fuss about that new reel you just bought lol

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    and heres the thing about jen, she only fishes 3-4 times a year tops. But she always breaks her previous PB year after year:confused2: . Maybe im approaching this all wrong:smile2:

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    haha great report! glad you didnt get ate

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Nate looks like you got a keeper there. Even if she just fishes 3 or 4 times a year,it's better than not at all. Maybe she'll be more understanding that way. Give her Congrats on her new PB.

10. fishin' addict

fishin' addict New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hilarious, great story.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nate congrats on a great job of guiding. Congrats to your girlfriend on the new PB. With that beautiful big smile, I would say she got hooked too.

12. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go on the PB to the Girl! That's always the best way to keep them interested in going. :wink:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    GREAT story! Her smile says it all!! Reps out to y'all!!!!!

Bill in SC

14. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Great job, Nate!
    Sounds like the eyes scared anyone else from ever finding that good hole!

15. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    that burns my a$$ when that happens, what really gets me is when they get a hog like that ,after only going a few times a year , that still dont make them want to go more:confused2:

16. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Definitely a keeper! and nice fish, too...

17. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on getting her into some nice fish! Never seems the guide ever catches the better fish...always the guest the performs...dunno why that is...guess maybe i need to start fishing alone again lol