Be careful guys..

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Sep 24, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
  2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I was just complaining about that guy a while back cause he was taking up the whole doc with his boat, and it took him like 60 minutes to get the dang boat on the trailer.

4. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    That would be scary. I can see how someone could lose their mind in a situation like that.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Good post Travis. Fog is very dangerous! My GPS has save me from getting lost in the fog more than once. Being on the water at night and it just seams to roll in. SAFTEY FIRST ALWAYS no matter how bad the fog or weather is or how good the day is.

Tom

6. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Getting lost and taking too much time to load the boat: sounds like someone new to boating.

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Fog can be very disorienting on lakes, river or on land. It's very dangerous when it rolls in.

8. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
  9. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The fog Wednesday night/Thursday morning was insane. We could barely make out our rod tips. Our headlamps were getting wet from the fog being so thick.

We were fishing from my friends' dock, but it's still scary when you hear a barge going by and you can't even see any lights.

It rolled in fast too. After about 10:00 PM we couldn't see the other bank. By midnight my headlamp couldn't penetrate to the water.

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had it happen to me out there. Fell asleep fishing woke up and the fog was so thick couldn't see 10 feet in front of me. I made it to the closest bank tied up and waited about 4 hours for it to clear.