Be careful going into your home

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Jul 16, 2007.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Our granddaughter living in another state came home from work one day this past week at 5:30 PM. She unlocked the front door and noticed right off their 2 little dogs wasn't at the door to meet her. Then she heard strange voices from down the hall, she ran out of the house and called 911. The thief's heard her and ran out the back door to the alley. A neighbor reported seeing 2 Mexicans males in a new four door black pickup parked up next to her back yard fence. They had parked in the alley and hopped over the 6 foot wood fence. The gates could only be open from inside. Then they threw a metal patio chair into glass storm door breaking out the glass and kicked in the locked back door. They left the house in a mess, all drawers dumped in the floor, storages dumped out but escaped with only a few costly items.

The main thing, we are very thankful she wasn't hurt. And her little dogs weren't hurt but were hiding. It took 35 minutes for police to show, that was after 2 more calls. They could have been there in a few minutes for she lives in town. They spent 2 hours there, also checked for fingerprints and said they had some good prints.

She was pretty upset, she lives with her parents but they were gone on vacation. Friends boarded up the door for the night.
    See pictures, the black power on the door is where police dusted for fingerprints.

Wife and I have CCW permits, and we do carry. It would have been a different outcome at our house had the same thing happen.

The police reported almost the same thing happen a few days before... a 13 year old girl home alone heard someone ring doorbell, she peaked out of window, saw a Mexican male so she didn't answer the door. In a couple minutes someone kicked in the back door, she ran to the bath room, locked the door, called 911 and started screaming. There was two of them, they stole a laptop and ran after hearing her calling 911. Police feel like it's the same pair.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Glad all is well and no one was hurt. I've visited Daytons Place and I know you ain't jokein! Two hours for the police. That is shamefull! And at times they wonder why.

3. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Hate to hear that. I am glad your grand daughter is ok along with the two animals. I hope they catch the two that broke into the house.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sorry to hear about the break in. I can't see why it would take the police that long to get there.

5. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Dayton, Im glad to hear shes ok as well as the pets....that is terribly scary to think of walkin into that kinda situation. I hope they catch them soon.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to hear everything is alright ,but sad to hear of the break-in seems like the illegal immigrants want more of what we got like they dont have enough allready.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad to hear she is OK Dayton, sorry to hear about the troubles though.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Glad no one was hurt..Hope they get the thieves.

9. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Dayton glad she was fine. don't you just hate a thief.I would give someone any thing I have but thump them if they steal it.

10. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Dayton:

Glad all's well & nobody got hurt. If the current American Police mentality is anything like the UK one, then they were probably pre-occupied with persecuting motorists.

I'm taking a guess here, but i think CCW means Carry Concealed Weapons? If it helps people like your daughter (in the future), then I say BRING IT ON!!

For what it's worth bud, my sympathies to your daughter!

11. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    olefin I am glad she is ok. Material things can be replaced. Many more Americans aren't so lucky.
    Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

12. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Glad to here everyone is un-harmed. As for the police I'll bet the coffe was hot and the doughnuts still warm. I don't trust them anyway, unless I personally know them. Who's to say what side there on.

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It's a shame one is not safe in their own home. Thank goodness your granddaughter is safe. Trouble is, she may now worry about comin' home...

14. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I am glad she wasn't hurt. My daughter had the same thing happen to her at 3 in the morning about 2 years ago.

As for the officer to be that long to arrive I would complain to the department heads for that.
    I can say one thing if we get a call and it takes us that long to respond to an emergency then our sheriff would have our heads on a chopping block and we would be looking else where for employment

15. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah... this kinda thing could sure stick with a person :confused2: Maybe she needs a bigger dog, Dayton!

I'm so glad she's okay. That's a shock to the system for sure and I'm just prayin they catch those two and your granddaughter will be able to relax in her own home.

Carolyn

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those evil men get caught and that justice arrives swiftly.Glad no one including the little dogs were ok.May she once again find peace and tranquility in her own home!!:big_smile:

17. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Dayton, I know your and Betty's heart just sank when you found out about your granddaughter and relieved that she was OK. That is really scary to say the least. I am looking into getting a CCW now, times are getting worse and worse. Judy and I sure hope they catch them criminals and stop them in their tracks.

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Dayton and Betty,

Bless y'alls hearts, I know it is still worrying y'all. I hate this happened and hope they catch the culprits, soon! Thankfully, no one was harmed. God bless!

Cheryl

19. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Moved back to Iowa to get away from some of that stuff, but out here in the boonies it is getting just as bad, local druggies or out of county real hoodlums. My concern Dayton is not so much what they might steal but what they do to people nowadays. I would not be able to handle it if my wife or family were cornered by some of these crazies. Glad your granddaughter is safe.

20. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It is a sad world we live in when we can't feel safe in our own homes.

Now, for those trashing law enforcement.....
    Due to underfunding (thank-you to a generous public) we often run two road deputies on a shift covering 660+ square miles. Unfortunate but true, you have to prioritize. hoodlums had run off, and they may have had something currently happening ie: violent domestic (policy requires at least two), a traffic crash involving injuries, etc etc etc
    It breaks my heart to send the only two we have to one end of our county & then need help on the other end. But it does happen & they are not stuffing their craw with coffee & donuts. They are putting their lives on the line, at a substandard rate of pay, facing an ever disrespectful, dangerous, weapon filled world. They continue to do the job under unspeakable demands, while you disrespect their very existance.
    Never got to meet my grandfather thanks to a drunk driver. Sure wish there was a "donut eater" around with nothing better to do than traffic when he needed him. Please consider all before you pass judgement on them.