Be careful fishing the Grand...

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by bwanatony, Mar 20, 2007.

1. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    anywhere downstream of Ionia.
    Yesterday (3/19) a fugitive took a dive in the river to evade police, and they have not found him yet (though they will keep looking).
    You know, I sure wouldn't want to run into a criminal while I was out fishing, but I REALLY wouldn't want to reel in what's left of one at 2AM.
    Anyway, I sure hope they find him before Saturday afternoon, I was hoping I'd get a chance to do some fishing... and I only want to catch fish...

2. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    no worries Tony. All you have to do is take me with you and you will be guarenteed to catch nothing at all.....LOL

3. Angler Management

Angler Management New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Man that water was cold!!!

Thought I'd check out some good holes and the cops show up.:big_smile:

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Jon, you're too funny! Course, now that I think of it, last time we fished together, there was a little smell coming from that center seat. But, maybe that was left from that dogfisherman we had in there earlier. LOL
    Sparky

5. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I may have mentioned this last season but last July I came upon what I appeared to be a dead man in a boat. I was motoring upstream to fish one of my favorite logjams when I noticed a boat was allready in my spot. As I approached I noticed the boat was actually washed into the logjam and looked like it had been there awhile. Moving in for a closer look I noticed a very pale colored leg hanging overboard. Oh boy, I thought, this is going to be interesting. I brought my boat alongside and peered into the distressed vessel. On the floor was a boy in his late teens dressed only in cutoff jeans. It was late evening on the river and anyone who has been out there knows how bad the mosquitos can get. They were bad and I have never seen anyone covered in as many bugs as this guy was. I assumed he was dead and shook him just to be sure. He would not respond to shouting or shaking, but he was breathing. He wound up being passed out drunk and probably on whatever drugs these kids do these days. I've never seen anyone that was in that bad of shape from just booze thas was'nt wearing their own lunch. This kid did'nt know if he was on foot or horseback. Did'nt care that his boat had become part of my favorite flathead habitat. I probably should have called the cops but instead I used his cell phone which I found in his boat to call some of his friends. They came and got him.

Dan

6. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Has anybody heard if this guy's body has "turned up" yet?
    We didn't get him Saturday, though he probably hasn't gotten this far yet...