Be alert when fishing with RickJr.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Powhatan, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had a great day of fishing with RickJr yesterday..would like to thank him for letting me tag along. His heated pontoon boat is very comfortable.

We caught a lot of bait early but the bite was just not there.. we tried deep, shallow, ledges, drop-off everything. But it was fun anyway.

The one thing to be careful of when fishing with Rick is his cellphone. His ringtone is the sound of a screaming clicker. He got me good.. It was nice and quiet, all lines out in a spot that looked really fishy... Then his cellphone rings and I jump up heading for my rods like a crazy man...

I guess you had to be there...:roll_eyes:...but it was funny for us.

Thanks again Rick..hope we can do it again soon. Maybe next time we will catch a fish.

2. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    No prob. at all ...didn't catch anything,bait was easy as usual,fish were there the sonar showed a bunch..But it was great meeting Chris and look foward to fishing w/Chris and others members...and as far as the cellphone i just got that ringtone and if you could have been there it was a priceless moment:smile2:....but not planned.....I could blame it on 66Tbone (Tommy) It was him on the phone....Had a great time and I learned a lesson too...after Chris left I decided to troll a bit Stretch 25's and a few umbrella rigs ,four rods all snagged at once:sad2:....now i know i can back the boat up and reel four poles at 1 time...lol Great time hope to do it again soon

3. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Man that's terrible. :smile2:

4. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I will make sure i call whenever Ricky has a new guest on the boat! LOL!:smile2:

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Pretty cool ringtone! I thought Saturday would have been the great fishing day with the warm weather. The fish sure are hard to pattern. Better luck next time guys.

6. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    I would like to thank Rick and Chris for donating a few cutters to myself and a buddy. We ended up w/ two fish Sat.

I must admit stoping to meet up w/ Rick and Chris was like the picture of the dog looking into the steakhouse window. We pull up after a good little ride a little on the cold side to se Rick sitting inside the "fishing shack" with a T-shirt on. Ah the other half!

Great day on the water but the fishing was super slow. Had maybe five bites all day. Thats pecks, taps and probably a couple of those were where I bumped the rod w/o knowing.

Dreadfully slow.:sad2: