BCS top 4 teams! Post before BCS show

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by dahoss2002, Dec 2, 2006.

1. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Everybody has number 1 right so lets pickem before the show Sunday night. My picks:
    1) Ohio St.
    2) Florida
    3) Michigan
    4) LSU (Geaux Tigers!!!!!)

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    1. OSU
    2. Michigan
    3. Florida
    4. LSU

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Ohio State,
    Florida
    Michigan
    LSU

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Ohio State,
    Florida
    Michigan
    USC - Lost 2 games by total of 6 points/ LSU lost to Florida and Auburn (Auburn lost to Georgia and Arkansas) 27-10 and 37-15. A great team but....

5. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    USC lost to two unranked teams; LSU, FL, Auburn, Ark. are all ranked.

The way I think it should end up:
    1. OSU
    2. MI
    3. FL
    4. LSU
    5. - IMO, the toughest spot to guess

My guess is FL will end up at 2, lots of voters are going to have the mind set that MI "had their chance", but I still think they are the 2nd best team.
    Going to OSU and hangin in with clearly the best team in the country is all I needed to see. If that lost happen earlier in the season, would there be any debate?

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Good point with LSU. I agree that Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country with the 3rd most difficult schedule behind Florida, although I'd bet some SEC people would differ. Being a diehard Buckeye fan, there really is no upside to playing MI again. We beat them once, if we did it in neutral territory would it make it any better? What if we lost? 1-1, who is the best? Does a team that came in 2nd in their own conference deserve a chance, a 2nd chance?

7. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    IMO - being in the same conference is moot ... if you are the 2nd ranked team, then you are the 2nd ranked team. Does having the #1 ranked team in a conference, make it impossible to also have the #2 ranked team in the same conference? Back in the day, this was not that rare event.

No upside? Winning the national title has no upside? The upside is the same for the winner of the game ... regardless of who ends up #2. OSU will not be a "better" National Champ if they beat somebody other than MI.

8. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    ohio
    mich
    fla
    the LSU

was really hoping to see lsu make the rose bowl but with usc a given for that one its up in the air. probable but as yet unconfirmed. was thrilled to see them lose to ucla last night. pat on the back to those ucla boys... a job well done for sure and i didnt see anything usc can come back today and whine about. wait till after the ohio game and see if usc tries to say they share the title with ohio. hahahahaha

the ark / fla game was a good one too. IMHO ark could have won it if they had really wanted to. as far as an ohio and mich rematch.. if thats the case then so be it. we all just watched that game but if mich deserves the number two spot then thats the way it goes. (personally i dont think so, fla. deserves it more)

we shall see.

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    1 - OSU

2 - Michigan

3 - Florida

4 - Louisville

10. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    ohio state
    fla
    mich.
    lsu
    i don't think anything is proven by playing mich again. they may be no. 2 but will be if ohio state wins and mich wins. boliver

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    1. Ohio State
    2. Florida
    3. Michigan
    4. Louisville

12. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    1. Ohio State
    2. Florida
    3. Michigan
    4. LSU

I believe that michigan is a better team than florida and would probably make a more interesting championship game. Florida faced the tougher schedule this year, the teams they beat have the highest winning percentage out of anybody in the country. They beat more ranked teams than michigan, hence they should at least have a shot. Here goes the mess of the BCS again, i dont understand why they dont go to a playoff, DIV II and III college football does.

13. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Not saying your prediction aint right. USC is a media darlin, and I'm an LSU fan but I am looking at the losses too. LSU loses to Auburn and Florida. USC loses to Oregon St. and UCLA. You showed me Auburn's losses. I'm afraid to ask who Oregon St. and UCLA have lost to. LOL.

14. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    official now......
    Ohio St.
    Florida
    Michigan
    LSU
    USC's loss combined with Florida's win messed up the Rose Bowl for LSU but Sugar is always SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rebelcatman, Boliver, and I Try,,,,,,,,,,I think we knew Florida played their way into spot 2 last night after USC went down.

15. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Yup. Florida winning the SEC did it for them. Though, I don't give them much chance beating Ohio State.

16. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    Well, is great to see florida vs ohio in the big game but im sure are plenty of folks down here in cajunland so mad they cant see straight.
    maybe i better calm down before i keep typing this.....
    notre dame in the sugar bowl???

how about the BCS people take a **** on the 50 yard line at tiger stadium,, that would be less of an insult. yhea the sugar is sweet but
    NORTE DAME ?????

our boys in purple and gold worked WAY too darn hard for this
    blatant slap in the face.

17. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    full results:

http://www.bcsfootball.org/cfb/story/6235580

if you read between the lines of the article, it basically says ...
    "yea, the system sucks, there's no way to figure who the top teams are by using voters and computers, the rankings are just a close guess, odds are the top 10 probably aren't the top 10 teams in the country, much less in the right order, and we basically end up with the matchups the voters want to see ... but the rankings are!!!" :big_smile:

18. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    this is just my opinion , i think lsy is best team in sec, they need a new offensive cordinator who would let them throw the ball more, but they have a overall great team. i think fla is weak in secondary but ark. did't try to use it because they were scared of the qb. boliver

19. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    bayou,

The Southern Cal loss screwed the whole thing up. Had Southern Cal won, they would not have gone to the Rose bowl, and most likely the Rose bowl would have been LSU and Michigan.

20. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    its all a big joke BCS ha ha ha. until we have a playoff we dont have a #1 team. Just because some votes pick them what about the other teams with the same records or even better. Any team can get beat by any other team upsets happen. take the top 64 and have a playoff make every bowl game something to watch then it will be the best you beat the best and then your #1.