BCS-NOT REAL CHAMPS

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Blacky, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The BCS is a bunch of crap! Instead of letting a football team decide the national championship, it lets a computer do it.

It lets teams like LSU that has 2 loses (one to unranked Arkansas) and Ohio State who also lost to an unranked opponent pla for the champiopnship.

Instead of teams like Kansas whose only lost was to eventually top ranked Mizzou get stiffed. I feel for all you good brothers and sisters in Kansas.

They MUST go to somekind of playoff system. Even high school and Division 1AA and Division 2 schools do it.

The most important point of a playoff system in college football is to allow the crowning of a REAL Champion! Like in college basketball,it allows a Cinderella Story. With a playoff system, teams like Boise State and Hawaii could be that Cinderella Story.

If they had a BCS for college basketball, teams like Duke would have 15 national championships.

Do you see where I'm getting at?

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Your right Blacky, but the computer is not the biggest problem, it's the voters. The computer is combined with the voters of the Harris Poll to form the BCS. The voters account for the majority (over 50%), but your right, the system needs changed. Actually the computer is more fair, it calculates scores of the games, rankings of opponents, stats, and where the game is played. The BCS poll would be more fair if was just the computer. Many of these voters don't even watch the games. They've admitted to it in the past. How can you watch all of the games. Even if you recorded them all, it would take you all week. We do need a playoff system. Period.

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Blacky, according to the paper today, the computer had Ohio State ranked #3. The Human pollsters kept them at number one, and denied Georgia a shot, while raising LSU 5 positions to get to #2. It ain't the computer, its the good O'l boys that keep voting LSU or USC.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You think Kansas got stiffed,how about Missouri,their the ones that got the real hosing. The only way you can have a true National Champion is a playoff system!

5. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Your right. Missouri got the biggest shaft of all the teams this year.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You can't lose your last game and still expect to stay in the top 3. If you lose early (like LSU) then the pollsters will put you back in no matter what. All you gotta do is swallow or take it. Then you get put right back up at the top LOL. GA got screwed, V tech got screwed, even Oklahoma got hosed. Ohio State will not lose this game. Mark this down on your calendars LOL.

7. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    By no means should Missouri stay in the top 3, but they should get in one of the 4 BCS bowls.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I never meant that Missouri should have remained in the top 3,but they should have at least went to a BCS bowl game. I never thought Missouri should have been ranked #1 when they were but that's the way it is in college football. BTW,I'm not a Missouri fan,but I just thought they got hosed worse than any team when it came to the bowl games this year. They actually should be playing USC in the Rose Bowl,not the fighting Illinoy!JMO

9. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    OSU lost to ILL.(not ranked) They beat three ranked team's(none that ranked higher then 20th) so you keep on talking about who doesnt belong in the NC game. Other then Ill. what do you have other then a lot of hot air. I could see the other teams upset that they got screwed and LSU got in. But why is Ohio crying? It should be an easy game for them, right. Now that's funny. I don't say they will run the score up like the Gators did against the best last years team, but the result will be the same! The longer the wait, the better LSU's banged up team will be! Remember this name GLEN DORSEY, you will hear it all game. Good luck to your BUCKEYE'S!!

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Now Skip, I want to caution you. Remember last year and all the talk BEFORE the game? Remember the sick feeling AFTER the game. Believe in you team all you want, but do it quietly. LOL

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Lawrence, everybody needs a black sheep to root against LOL. Otherwise the game just isn't as fun. I got my share last year and more. I don't mind the ribbing, the embarrassing part was that our team didn't even show up to play. I hope they have that corrected this time around.

12. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yall are talking about a team getting the shaft? What about my hokies? #1 in the computer and number 5 in the polls that is some frogger nocky bull crap if I ever saw some!!!