Battery

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Catmaster, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I have just been using a couple of old car batteries for my trolling motor and spot lights. Does anyone have any better recomendations for batteries? I was looking for marine batteries.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Check this area for additional advice in the library,I won't go in to brand names but the other Jim is right:You need deep cycle marine batteries for those applications.After that it becomes a matter of budget and what you want done.:)

3. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I used regular car batteries for a while. Then I bought a couple of marine batteries at walmart, well worth the investment. You could also check if anyplace around you sells remanufactured batteries and get a like new battery for a fraction of the price.

4. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Have Ran The Same Optima Battery In My Boats Since '99 And Its Still Going Strong Today. If You Can Afford To Spend About $125 On A Battery. I Think That Was A Bargain. You May End Up Spending That Much On Cheapies In The Long Run If It Gets Used Very Frequently.

5. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I found a place that sells "seconds" and bought the biggest baddest battery for about 30 bucks. It is designed for big delivery trucks. I have had it two years and it is going strong. Can bass fish 8 hours on one batt. Done it more than once! Only draw back is there is not a stock battery box that it fits in.