Battery level

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by sirdank, Mar 19, 2009.

1. sirdank

sirdank New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Is there a cheap and simple way to monitor my battery in the boat to see
    how much juice is left. I just moved the battery to the front of the boat just
    wondering if there is a gauge i can mount or some device i can use to check it. Thanks

(cheaper the better the girlfriend won't let me spend to much more:wink:)

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    And Remember to put the gauge on a switch so it is not drawing power all the time.

4. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    My sonar unit shows battery voltage so I have an idea of it's health. You need a voltmeter either at the console or installed inline at the battery so you can check voltage when you check battery water. Tight lines.

:cool2:

5. Fishlind

Fishlind New Member

State:
    Lexington County, SC
    Maybe a momentary on push button would be a good idea. That way you can't accidentally leave the switch on. Just push the button when you need to check the battery voltage.

Attached Files:

6. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    My rv has push buttons inside - I'm sure they have them made that way for boats. I need to get a duel one beings I run my livewell on it's own bat. I figure I can do away with my speedometer - it doesn't work to well anyways - cheep plastic fin always moves up. Besides I know how fast I'm going in the pontoon - NOT NEAR FAST ENOUGH!!!!:smile2: For now I just use one of the cheep walmart bat checkers - alligator clips - at least then I have some idea.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    The easiest way is to simply lick the battery. Wait, we are talking about a 9 volt right? If not, licking could still work. You will just need a really long tongue like gene simmons.

8. osthusna

osthusna New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    o'reilly's sells a pretty nice little volt meter (battery gauge) that lights up also. it is only like 12 or 13 bucks. we hooked it up to a switch and it works great.

9. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    heres a cheap way... grow a set and tell you girl she can wait to get her nails done or for a new purse and go buy what you need first!!!