Battery Issues maybe?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by billNpam, Jul 7, 2008.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have a 95 Basstracker TX 17 with a 40HP. Here is my question I have dual batteries one for the t-motor and one for the big motor. When I place the charger on the big motor it charges fine and the light on the charger will come on that says fully charged but no matter how long I leave it on the trolling motor battery I will never get a charge complete light on the charger. I have used my Multimeter and checked the trolling motor battery and it shows 12.96 volts. Does this mean that I should replace the battery. It will last all day on the water but if i want to go for a 2 or 3 day camping/fishing trip and do not want any problems.

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Bill, I would pull the battery and have it load tested. Most any parts store (Advance Auto, Peep Boys, Auto Zone) will do this for free.:big_smile:

After my batteries get a few years service on them I do this a couple of times each year.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    do the optima gel batteries go to 100% charged? it seems that my gel battery does what you are saying a lot, but is always charged enough to run everything.