BATMAN TREE STAND

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by tbird, Oct 10, 2009.

1. tbird

tbird Member

State:
    IN
    My son-in-law came out to hunt this morning and before leaving offered to put up my stand. Being no spring chicken I quickly accepted. I showed him the tree I had in mind and said wind would be predominantly from southwest. I then returned to house to get the bow hanger I had forgotten. Upon my return he had the climbing ladder up which is composed of sections that hang by a single strap but do not plug together. I like them they are aluminum and easily put up. However he was very upset about my blankety blank climbing sticks. Well he had the stand on the correct side of the tree, so I did not say anything other than I wish I had good stuff like you. He said I should climb up and check it out he was afraid of it. As soon as I stepped around to the side he put the steps on I could see the tree had a lean and the steps where on the underside of the tree. Climbing up you had to try to wrap your toes around the rungs to keep from swinging out into space, not easy with boots on.
    So what do you think he is polish or is he just trying to hasten his inheritance?

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sounds like he may be "a little of both"! I hate hanging stands; my husband used to love to hunt out of them. I was NEVER comfortable climbing up & trying to get in them; they always scared the wits out of me. Now I used to use a self climbing stand years ago; those never scared me. I guess because you more or less are wearing it as you go up.
    You be careful out there, & good luck hunting!

3. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Neither he was just trying to be helpful. I know sometimes it hard to believe

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I believe that crafty young man is fishing.:wink:

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'd keep an eye on him! LOL :wink::smile2:

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    maybe you all could switch spots for a few days? i'll bet your steps get fixed pretty quick.

7. tbird

tbird Member

State:
    IN
    Thanks for the input I must confess I have played a few tricks on the boy like putting that buck decoy in the briar patch 45 yds from his tree stand. At 1st light he did punch it twice before running out of arrows. And there was that mix up between the duck call and the grunt call.

8. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    The buck decoy trick is funny would love to see a video of his facial expression as he was grabbing the second arrow.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Now the truth comes out! Sounds like you had it coming.....kind of like when I put my Blue Tick's stinky leather collar in the bush behind my buddies tree stand! LOL :wink::smile2:

10. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    sounds like something fishy is going on here....id keep an eye on him...haha... :wink:

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I bet he thought it was funny too. Probably just getting even for that duck call prank.

12. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    answear one question first and then I'll give ya my thought - you say the stand was on the right side of the tree but was it right side up?:smile2::smile2: maybe he's looking for an early inheritance:smile2::smile2::smile2: