Bathroom brainstorm

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by squirtspop, Jul 10, 2008.

1. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    While meditating on the throne yesterday, I had a brainstorm. I haven't ever heard of anyone using it or even talking about it so I guess it's an original thought.

Different waters require differents amounts of sinker weights. I just hate having to cut the line, add or remove sinkers and then retie the swivels and all that before I can get down to serious fishing. So my idea is instead of sliding on those barrel sinkers, just run your line through the small end of a safety pin, then through your bead and tie on your swivel. When you want to add weight just unsnap the safety pin, add 1, 2 or even 3 sinkers depending on the size of the safety pin. When you need less, just unsnap and remove the required amount.

I haven't tried this as yet, but I've asked a couple of catfishermen in Horseshoe Bend and they thought it was a cool idea and would work great.

So give me some feedback on what you other BOC brothers and sisters think. :wink:

2. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WOW. Never thought of that. Guess the Classified ads are taking up to much of my time on the throne! It sounds like a great idea. Seems like it would work. I wont be able to go fishing for about a month or so, but if you or anyone trys it, and it works, lemme know. If it does work, we can name the technique " The Throne." :smile2:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brainstorms form the throne, never cease to amaze me. You have come up with a great idea. Should work ok. Keep up the good thoughts but take time and do some fishing to.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Bass pro sells snaps that would also work for this. They are about 1 1/2" long. I put them on 2 or 3 oz. weights to un-hang bass baits. Just reel up tite, snap it on the line and when it hits the bait will knock it loose 99% of the time. Official term i use is pocket rocks.:smile2:

5. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chuck let us know how it works, it sounds like a great idea

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats an original,noo Doubt. Chuck,I think its worth a try,Shoot ,ya never know,might be a new line of 'Chucks throne pin's'

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Guess it sounds like a good idea after reading it
    Hadda get finished giggling over the title of the thread before I could give it serious thought.....

Bathroom Brainstorm by Squirtspop...
    that is just so wrong on so many levels:smile2:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Bathroom Brainstorm by Squirtspop...
    that is just so wrong on so many levels:smile2:

That is funny, don't care who ya are. Some of my greatest thoughts come from da throne.:wink:

9. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    There is a product currently on the market that sounds similar to what you've proposed. These are sliders that have a clip for weights. For your rig, however, I'd advise getting clips from your local tackle shop; they're less likely to open up by themselves when you're casting or reeling.

-- Rich

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Every time I go to the john its a brainstorm. LOL! Sounds like a feesable plan.

11. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Ya got my vote ... think I'll try it.