Bastrop

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by jedt, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Fished with my wife's cousin last night. This was my first to fish this lake. Pretty decent channel cat action 1-5 lbs. Sorry no pics. We took home 21 while missing several other and releasing anything under 14". Glen caught a 31lbs carp. He only had a little net. I didn't think I was going to get him in the boat.
    He was using a bait called Don's available at Decker Lake Bait Shop.The label says it has cheese minnows and cattails. Really good bait that compares with DK's. I think DK's Proly would have done just as well but we were in his boat and didn't have any.

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    That' sa good report Jedt, I've never fished it either, always passed it by on the way to my dad's house. Gonna have to hit it up one day now.
    Was it pretty solid action? fish deep or shallow? He might like a lake closer to him than driving over here to fish down south with me.
    Thanks
    CLiff

3. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Always something biting or nibbling on the line after a while. I finally quit putting the pole down because I missed to many light bites that were actually pretty good fish. Glen forgot his depthfinder at the truck but he said we were fishing in 17' of water. I dont think I was that deep because my line seemed to hit bottom faster than that. I'd say about 10-12'.

Definately give it a try. The LCRA Game warden says that very many do not fish for catfish there.