Bass with wire hanging out of stomach

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by turtle, Aug 21, 2006.

1. turtle

turtle New Member

State:
    Mo
    Hello everyone Went bass fishing today cought a few but when i went to unhook one i noticed something poking out of its stomach so i grabbed my pliers and pulled it out it looked to be a thin piece of wire about 2 1/2 inches long that was about rusted in two . when i pulled it out it had flesh stuck to it

2. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    sounds like someone stuck it in there. thats not cool. did you release it?

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Ouch. My sister caught a 5-6 pound channel one time that had about a foot of line sticking out its vent. I pulled on it and saw part of the shank of a hook. I know that had to be unpleasant. It wasn't long till he went under the knife, fillet knife that is.

st

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    A tagged fish and the tag has dropped from the wire.
    Pete

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I caught a Chain Pickerel once that had about a 1 inch of Brier sticking out of it's belly.I pulled out a single piece 4 1/2 inches long by 1/2 inches in diameter.I carry a tape always by habit as a mechanic.I released the fish and it swam away.I guess the angled thorns would only let it go one way once it got in it's mouth.peewee-williams

6. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Several years ago we set some jugs out on lake Mathis outside Corpus Christi, TX. After setting the jugs we decided to kill some time and troll along the shorline for some bass. I hooked one about 2lbs and got him to the boat and when I reached down to pick him up the line got cut from the motor and I lost my favorite spinner bait. This was a spinner that I had changed the blades and the skirt on myself. About a month later we set our jugs out and again were trolling the banks and I caught another fish and got him to the boat and low and behold there was my spinner bait still in the corner of his mouth..... Put my spinner back in the tackle box and released the fish. Was hard for me to believe I had caught the same fish but true story....

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am sorry to see fish that are all gut hooked or have broken line attached to them.If I catch one like that I have no choice but to keep it.But I think thats a wonderful spinnerbait story.Thank you for sharing.--------pk powell:smile2:

8. turtle

turtle New Member

State:
    Mo
    Yes i released the fish the only thing i can think it might have been was maybe a hook or part of a spinner bait it swallowed and worked its way out of its gut it was in a farm pond thats been there about 25 yrs.

9. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Dont most hooks rust out pretty quickly if your forced to cut the line rather then rip it out of the fishs mouth and end up killing it that way?

10. Locke

Locke New Member

State:
    IL
    I caught a bass with a hook sticking out of its stomach with a little bit of string on it. I'm guessing either he broke the line or the fisherman couldn't get it out. Looked very painful for the fish to have that hook halfway in his stomach. I tried to get it out but it wasn't budging.

11. catboy210

catboy210 New Member

State:
    texas
    got a 3 pound bass and some one just cut the line and left a hook deep in his mouth pillers fixed it and i put him back in to grow

12. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i have caught alot of fish with lead line hanging out of there mouths