Bass were hot, Catfish were not.

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Swampfox., Oct 31, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    well the storms let up last night and i decided id try for some cats. weather and such has kept me for gettin out as much as i needed too being that my team was in second place in the fish off, just a couple of pounds back. i still hadnt got a cat on the board and my teamates are more than likely maxed out and will probably not get an up grade. so its up to me to put something up and get the possible win. lotta pressure right? right. well i get to my bass spot about 4am and planned on fishing the sunrise. just the other day i was checking the water levels during a rain period and noticed catfish rolling the surface at the location posted under the bassin in the mornin thread. fished from 4 till about 8 and caught 2 sad little mud cats that weighed 3 pounds each. well, now im discouraged, im mean really. any time other than when it counts i can usually locate an land some catfish. now it seems i cant find jack sh!t when i need to most. at my wits end i go grab my bass gear out da truck, and wouldnt ya know it, all i can catch today is largemouth . 8 fish to be exact, over 22lbs 6oz. enough to win the last tourney held on the river.are you kiddin me? im spankin the bass and coming up short on the catfish, what gives? i need some good mojo. i brought my fish home in the livewell, took pictures and put them in crew lake 2 mintues from here, had them laid out for a quick shot or 2. all made it. two sad little cats too. enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    pics of location and cats

Attached Files:

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    sad sad.

Attached Files:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Why did you turn your bait loose?:smile2::wink::smile2:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt thanks for sharing the pics of your bass on the cat fishing trip. Next time go bass fishing and show the cats pics.:wink:

6. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    We often don't get what we want, but the best make the best out of it.I would say job well done.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Matt, those are some great fishing pictures! Look like you had a nice time.