bass tracker 165

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by mocatman, May 12, 2009.

1. mocatman

mocatman Guest

I was looking into buying my first boat and need a little advice. I found a good price on a bass tracker 165 witha 40 hp motor. Can any one tell me how this boat and motor would fare on the missouri river waters. Im sure it would do fine around most lakes in Mo but i wasnt sure about river fishing.

2. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

I own 1998 165 pro.
    The boats speedometer fully loaded and full of gas shows 26 mph.
    It gets around 4 gallons per mile fully open.
    I have never had mine on the Missouri, but I have been thinking about it.
    I seen 14’ boats and 20 hp motors, from what I read on here, you need to be aware of what is around you.
    I hope it helps some

3. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    i own a 165 lowe FM with a 50hp. you'l just want more power, it'll be ok, but you'll wish you had more. like the other brother says, just be aware of your surroundings. I fish the MO with my little jon with a 20 hp too, make sure you have alot of anchor rope. good luck.

4. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    My brother-in-law and I fish out of a 16' bass tracker, with a 25hp motor on the Ohio river with 3 people in the boat sometimes, it does just fine, We pretty much hug the banks though, I really would'nt reccomend 3 people in the boat if the current is very swift and the water levels are up!!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!:0a22:

5. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Bigcatfish64 is right. While me and him fish out of my boat in the ohio we have had no problems. I mainly fish the structure along the bank looking for the drop offs. That would be a nice boat for most situations. I would not reccomend using it in very swift or rough water. I am looking into a deep v with a wider transom in the future for the bigger river fishing. My advice to you is to buy a boat for the type of water you will be using it on most of the time. I would also buy a little more boat than you think you might need if you can afford it.