bass to catfish boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by catoon, Oct 11, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i bought a 16 by 48 bass boat im changing to cat boat any you catters have any good tips i could use would appreciate it thks

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    can you post a pic of it?? maybe we can help.:wink:

3. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
  4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hard to tell from the pic, but you are going to need some rodholders.
    You have the highback seats it looks like, so unless you want arms on them you are doing well there.
    Some interior lights for night fishing? Larger livewell for bait. Small bait cutting table. 12 volt coffee maker??

Can't tell from the pic, but I reckon you have a depth sounder?? Nav lights?

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i have a 17cx crestliner bass boat, i use it for catfishing,crappie fishing. i will do a little changes to it. like put rod holders in the front and back. nicer seats.just take it out and see what you will want to do to it. to make it more to your liking.

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    ill take better pics tomm and post im out of thks so thk every one till tomm when they give my thks button back :wink:

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    rod holders, good depth finder,big live well to hold BIG fish,bait tank,lights for night fishin,big net,last but not least a cooler for your beer:wink:

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    good luck on the changeover

9. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i use a bass boat. i use the livewell built in the boat for my bait and im working on a big livewell for my fish. besides that it works alright. i got 6 rodholders in the back and 2 in the front. sure can outrun all the other boats in the tournys to the good spots.:wink:

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    if u fish shallow waters its also a good idea to get a prop saver which is a steel ring which protects your prop from rocks and such, i had one on my river boat and was glad i did, i'm thinking of putting one on my bass boat now, better than replacing props or lower units

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    another good thing to have is a good lock on the motor, i had my motor(40 hp mariner) stolen the first week of june this year and that really sucked

12. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    That's awful, I never even thought about someone stealing a motor....:confused2:

Heck, I'd be sick if someone walked away with one of my rod/reel setups

13. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    [​IMG]

yea this is what i came out to find

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i never expected that to happen either

Attached Files:

15. J. Percy Priest

J. Percy Priest New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Most has been said already dont forget a cast net and some good spot lights and a cooler...... Another option would be a place to stow ur camping gear and chain saw to get some wood from the fallen trees and tent chair etc. so you can pull ur boat up on a bank and find a clearing on the water and set up a camp and fire thats what we usually do when we go jug fishing.

Yes to go along with the prop saver... my dad was doing a turn around a bend on the lake in about 10 foot of water and all the sudden it goes to like 1 foot of water and we hit a huge rock.. it bent the shaft and bent up the stainless steel prop. We took the prop to a boat repairman and he hammered it back into place. Took the motor to another one and he replaced the shaft it was about $1000 for the shaft and the other stuff he did.. since the rock took a chunk out of the factory prop guard at the bottom he put a new stainless steel guard called a ski guard at the bottom and it has not even got a dent in it yet.

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'm thinkin of putting a "mac's river runner" on my boat this spring, it protects your prop and skeg from rocks and gravel almost like a prop saver but this goes on the bottom of your motor(skeg) :wink: