Bass talk

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by 18lbflathead, Nov 20, 2006.

1. 18lbflathead

18lbflathead New Member

State:
    Ohio
    how much weight line should i use to get the sensation of the bass actually fighting?:embarassed: Thanks!:beat_brick: :choler: :beated: :that_hurt:

2. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    First 18lbflathead, welcome to the BOC good ta see new members.... About your question, Are ya using baitcasting tackle??? Iffen so I usually use 15 ta 17lb. line test...Sumtimes 20, but not to often....On spinning tackle 8 ta 12lb line test I usually fish pretty weedy and stumpy areas, so I usually get a pretty good fight outta them Ba$$e$.... Most of the rods I use are Medium to Medium Heavy the line is usually matched to my rod... Most rods have line test suggestions on the blank... if ya just use that suggested line them ba$$eS outta give ya a good show.... Hope I helped a little... Good luck....

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Like Rupert I used 10-17 pound line on my cranking and worm rods. If I was fishing heavy cover I moved up to 20-25 for flipping and pitching.

4. basspro05

basspro05 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hell just stick 80 lb superbraid on why do you need to feel a fight lol

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rick you have asked a question that has a lot of variables. And will get a lot of personal opinions. Some guide lines to follow and questions to ask yourself. What type of baits are you going to be fishing? What clarity of water of water? And what type of structure does these lakes have? I make a few starting suggestions that have worked for me. Crankbait fishing-12# test.Spinnerbait fishing-17# test,Jig Fishing-17#-20# test. Worm fishing-14#-17# test. If your are finness fishing a clear lake then you might want to down size your line to 8#-12#. This answer is only scratching the surface.Rick good luck with your choises. When I use one line to try to do everything I would use Berkley 17# Big Game. (Clear) On Bait CasterReels.And 12# (clear) on Spinning reels.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use a Abu 5000 One Series with 12 lb test with a Daiwa Sweepfire Medium Action Rod, I mostly like using plastic worms but I am going to try some topwater plugs.

7. FISHING FREAK

FISHING FREAK New Member

State:
    Arizona
    for bait casting i usually stick with 10 to 12lbs test line if im fishing with plastics i usually go with stren when im jig fishing i go with 17 to 20lbs test line usually stren on my spinning rods i go with 6-12lb test line usually stren magnathin