bass rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kyledbarnes, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    what is a good bass rod for a good price?

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    G-loomis is without a doubt, my favorite but they cost mucho $$$. I have some St. Croix that i really like along with Shimano Claris rods. Don't buy cheap junk your not gonna be happy with is the best advise i can offer. Let us know what ya get.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Just depends on what kind of action you like and how much cash you want to part with. I like a stiffer rod then most people. I like to be able to set the hook and move a fish.

4. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i've been using a ultra light shimano rod which was working good for the amount of bass fishing i was doing now im starting to get more involved and about a week ago i was lubing up the gears in the mitchell reel and somthing went wrong in the gearing or somthing like that and now it's not smooth at all it feels like when im reeling the bail is flipping over but the bail is down so there must be somthing wrong with the gears, i loved that rod it could pull in a HUGE bass with the 15 lb power pro that i had on it, keep the brands coming guys

5. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Berkley Cherrywood, Berkley Tactix, and Cabela's IM7 Tourney Trail

6. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

All star rod, they go for $60

7. fr8dog

fr8dog New Member

State:
    OK
    +1 on the All Star. Good rods, good price. If you have Academy nearby, look into the American Rodsmith series. I have a few of them and really like them. Broke 2 (truck door killed one, rod locker got the other) and they replaced them FREE, even though they knew it was my fault. Can't beat that policy!

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Abu Garcia Revo SX Reel/ Extreme XPS Rod is an awesome combo that never fails its not cheap but worth every penny you invest into it .

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with th post on G Loomis for best quality and action. Dealing with price you might want to check out the Falcon rods.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I'm partial tp the BPS branded rods. I have a Rick Clunn model and a Xtreme model. Both are great rods.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use 6,0 one peice Abu Garcia and Dawia Medium Action rods for bass fishing.

12. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    how about the bps pro lite xps rod because my favorite method is finesse fishing, would this be a good rod, what reel would be good with it?

13. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    when it comes to spinning reels, i like a good penn, or shimano. i like a little softer rod for them too. it seems to detect bites better when you are pitching and skipping soft plastics around docks, or stumps. a lot of folks prefer them stiffer but, everyone is different.

14. fr8dog

fr8dog New Member

State:
    OK
    The BPS rods are good. I'm guessing that you want something to handle 6 or 8# line? The best thing to do would be head out to BPS and find a rod you like, then take it and start matching reels to it and see how they feel. This way you can compare a few different brands.

I used to like Shimano (still do), but it seems to me that they are running up the prices on their good stuff, and the lower and middle priced reels don't have the quality they once had (My opinion). Pflueger has some nice stuff. I have a couple President casting reels. If the spinning reels are as good, I'll go with them. (or the BPS reels.)

I just bought my wife a Shimano Sahara spinning reel. It was on sale for $40 and I thought about getting 2. Glad I didn't. Smooth reel, works good, but the stem is short and I bust my knuckles on the bail. She has skinny fingers, so she's OK. I guess that's good for her. I won't be stealing it!!

15. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    my dad just got a new bass rod, it is a shimano avocet II, any comments on this rod?

16. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i got a rod, it is a bps mega cast baitcaster, i fitted it with 8# bps xps flourocarbon line.