Bass Pro Shops

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by mcbluegill, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mcbluegill

mcbluegill New Member

State:
    missouri
    I see everyone posts about Cabelas when BPS offers everything if not better. What do you think.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    They both have their good points depending on what you are looking for.

Cabela's has a MUCH BETTER selection for Catfishing though. Plus they seem to have a lot more staff on hand to help you find stuff. Cabelas seems slightly higher on a few things but I just like their store a lot better.

Just my opinion.

3. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    cabelas for me for one it is easier to get to and my grand daughter loves the fish tank she says the fish miss us when we need to go shopping for lures and worms I may try bass pro again now that has been brought to my attention again, but it would have to be timed right to miss the I-35 traffic

4. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Every Bass Pro that I have been into I have recieved crappy service:angry:. Cabela's I have had a few problems but not nearly as bad. For catfishing stuff I go to neither place I usually try and get my stuff from Tombstone in Columbia.

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I think right now all the talk around the St. Louis area has been about Cabela's because it's new.

6. Hey Bodie... I've never heard of tombstones in columbia as I live out of state. Do they have a web site? I'd like to check them out if they have the goods for catfishing.

Not much here locally as it is trout country! But I have found some decent hooks, etc. @ Catfish Connection as well as Bass Pro when I'm in Springfield. Always on the lookout for good catfish stuff. It ain't easy neither. MoFlats

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey Jarvis, 'Tombstones number is 573 874 2277. Tell them ole catfishbob sent you.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Where is Cabelas located at in the ST. Louis area?

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Mickey - the St. Louis Cabelas is located in Hazelwood. I checked it out this past Sunday. It was packed with people. The aquarium is really neat. Unfortunately, a lot of items were not in stock. Gave my list of items for my new boat that were not on the shelves to an employee. Went back 45 minutes later and they had found about half of it in the back. I was told "the computer says we have 4 of these on the shelf", but there were none. The other line I heard was "it's somewhere in the back, but we can't find it". They lost $500 worth of business from me due to items they couldn't find. Unfortunately, I had a worse experience with Bass Pro a couple years ago. :angry:

10. mospurs

mospurs New Member

State:
    missouri
    tombstone is the importer of surge rods guys

11. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now you might think I am dumb, but what is a surge rod. Is it good, bad or ugly?

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    A surge rod is just another catfishing rod. There white umm come in MH and Hvy action. Some people like them some people don't?

13. Catfishbob:Thanks for that phone number to Tombstones.
    I'll check them out and see what they got, that I need, er/or that I think I need....You understand. MoFlats

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim picked up 2 of the new Surge Elites for us from there. 11 stainless eyes, 7'10" rods, 15-40 MH action, metal reel seats, trophy cat series.

Don't think you will find a better off the counter rod for the money.

15. jdunndmb

jdunndmb New Member

State:
    Kansas
    bass pro has terrible customer service and in my opinion is overpriced. cabela's has better merchandise as far as i'm concerned.

16. jdunndmb

jdunndmb New Member

State:
    Kansas
    and the last time i went to bass pro i had to wait at least 15 minutes for someone to help me. all i wanted to do was trade my baitcast reel that i bought for a spin reel. terrible i tell ya.

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i had the same luck @ bass pro & one of the employees told me that's why they called it bass pro not catfish pro they cater to mostly bass fisherman!!! needless to say i go to cabela's exclusively now--way better customer service and more everyday stuff i think whether ur camping or fishing or boating!!!

18. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I always bought everything from Bass Pro, but now I am far more impressed with the inventory and customer service of Cabelas. They always seem to have what I am looking for when Bass Pro doesn't.

I just applied for and got a Cabelas Visa card to go along with my Bass Pro Visa, but I will probably not use the Bass Pro card anymore unless I am actually buying something from Bass Pro because I would rather get Cabela's points from now on.

If your a bass fisherman, then Bass Pro has everything you could want. Otherwise I would choose Cabela's, especially if you buy a lot of hunting stuff too. They blow Bass Pro away when it comes to hunting supplies IMO.

19. rocko

rocko New Member

State:
    missouri
    basspro is o.k.. there has been a couple times were they were difficult. cabelas on the other hand is to crowded,over priced and attached to a mall which only draws tire kickers. i like the small mom and pop stores they seem to have some of the nicest stuff for my money. i would rather support the small guys anyday of the week than a large chain store that refuses to meet demands for catfishing.they have so many stores that they think they have stock in every store and they might lose money, but look at all the money that they lose when it is not in when we go to buy it. when i walk in somewhere it is nice to be greeted by the same people everytime on a first name basis. small businesses need that to survive, they sell from their family to yours, they ask for feedback on the products that they sell and also back them up because that is their future.

20. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I like bass pro for most of my fishing stuff, but as far as hunting stuff goes, cabelas is hard to beat.