Bass Pro Shops

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by hawkman, Jan 20, 2007.

1. hawkman

hawkman Member

State:
    Hiawatha,Ks
    Does anyone know when the new BassProShops opens

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tracey according to their web site it will be Feb21st. That wont be long, so start working on that shopping list. There probably will be :big_smile: a lot of bargains the first two or three days.Count yourself lucky I have to drive 3hrs to get to a Bass Pro. Good Luck.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Im gonna be in trouble. I work about 10 blocks north :wink: :cool2:

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Shoot I was hoping the catmaxx rods were still going to be $25 when they opened :0a32: Ill probally start my bass pro tab with a daiwa beefstick or two. maybe Ill get lucky and theyll have the catmaxx on sale and i can get one of each to try.

5. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I cant wait, in my experience they blow cabelas prices away. I especially like their returns outlet store in springfield. They have lots of great rods and reels cheap, they also refurbish everything that is broke so you get good product. Cabelas on the other hand will only knock a few bucks off of "broken" junk, in their so called Bargain cave. Soon as BPS gets here you wont find me in cabelas much.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I've been disappointed in the two Bass Pro shops I've shopped at. Neither carried much of a hook selection and the prices weren't as good in most cases than Academy here n the Houston area. The reel selection, however, is good, as is the return policy.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    good greef is it open yet. I feel like Cartman waiting for the wii to come out.:crazy: Three more weeks grr maybe if I go outside I can freeze myself and thaw out when it opens :lol: :cool2:

8. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i hope your store has a better catfishing section than the one in katy, texas. maybe it is not as good as it could be due to being so close to saltwater. good luck on your store.

9. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I don't know about you guys, but every time I've tried to fish at the Bass Pro Shops they've asked me to pack my tackle up and leave !!

I always figured it must be 'cause I brought my own poles and bait instead of buying theirs !!!

Just Kidding, of course........

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Its today its today Yepee

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Reports please:lol:

Won't be able to make it over for about a week, hate it when work get's in the way of spending money:wink: .

12. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    There were way too many people there to even look at anything. I stood in line for a couple hours, to get Woo Daves autograph. I'll have to go back when there is less of a crowd. I can tell you that they have a big reel selection though.

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I went thursday around 5:30 and it wasent too bad didnt have to wait in line but it was busy."Looks neet". I was kinda bumed with their heavy freshwater/saltwater rod selection witch is what i went for but they had about every other rod avalible (they had a stink load). They had a 7' pool cue snaggin rod that actually had some flex to it for the price it might be worth a go. now that i think about it I should have got one to try before i bought my 2 new uglys:confused2: :wink: na probally not, Ill probally get one anyway:roll_eyes: Is their a cure for the tackel buying bug????

14. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    i agree gadzooks, academy beats there prices everyday. why no hook selection, they got a half acre here in ok city, but no big hooks????

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Went yesterday morning. I met Woo Daves , Jimmy Houston, Stacey King, and a few other pros. I ate at the Islamorada fish restaurant. Its kinda pricey, but its pretty good food. It was pretty busy in there, but I didnt have any trouble moving around freely. I hate to spoil it for you guys that havent been yet, but I wasnt very impressed at all. I do like the new Catmaxx rods. They seem to be pretty much the same as last years model, except for the white tip , and the silver paint job down by the handle. The reps told me that the ones from last year on the shelf , is all that is left. They are 39 bucks for the 9', which is the ones Im looking at. There catfish hook selection is non existent. They dont carry Daiichi hooks at all. There Gamu's are very limited. They dont have any kahle hooks over a 4/0. I was let down by this. On a good note, they do have quite a few 4X shirts for the bigger fellas like my self. I didnt get a chance to inquire about the return policy. There rod selection was ok. They have quite a few ugly stick big water rods. Not very many tigers though. Theyve got a good shelf of little cleos for those of you that are gonna fish trout these next couple of weeks. There reel selection had nothing for cat guys. Didnt see any big bait caster Abus or Penns, No Shimano baitrunners or Okuma baitrunners for us spinning guys. Overall , I was really disappointed with there negligence for us cat guys. I encourage everyone to hit that suggestion box when you get a chance to get over there. Oh , there big aquarium has 2 cats in it. 2 , thats it . Its about 1/3 the size of Cabelas , with not very many fish in it. There little trout pond has maybe a dozen trout. I think it will be worth it for me to just drive the extra 10 min to Cabelas. Except for the Catmaxx rods , and the 4X shirts , I really cant think of anything I would buy there. Oh well, Ill just have to wait for the Independence store to open , to see if its any better. :sad2:

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    they did have some larger penns not sure on the abus, they were in the glass case down low on the end. they had some on combos too, 220gtos on 6'6'' slammer $89, 309s on masters $69 and a couple more

17. dlbenthusen

dlbenthusen New Member

State:
    Louisburg, Kansas
    That sux, I was hopping they would have a good selection of catfish supplies. I will be adding to the recomindation box, once the crowed eases up.

18. ksjcat

ksjcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Yeah I was hoping for more cat supplies too

19. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I wasnt very impressed either with the heavy rods and catfishing selection. I did buy some Catmaxx bait hooks. The fishing line had a decent selection but I think they could put bigger spools of line on the shelves. The fish tank sucks, I only saw 1 cat in there.

chris