Bass pro shops power plus

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by redneckchev, Aug 28, 2007.

1. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    i was at bass pro shop a while back looking fishin rods.there was one that caught my eye,the power plus trophy rod.its an 8ft medium heavy.so i picked it up and headed for the check out,there was no price on it and i was expecting it to be 40 or 50 bucks but to me it seemed like a darn good rod.when i got to the check the lady rang it up and it was 19.99.as soon as i left there i heade straight home to get my other gear and headed for the river.i was really amazed at the quality of the rod.i hauled a 20lb blue in with it and never once felt insecure with it.it has very stout back bone but yet a sensitive tip to detect the slightest bite.for 19.99 i dont think i went wrong i will be ordering 2 more in the near future even though they went uip 5 bucks and are only availible in 7'6'' length now.just thought i would pass on my experience with these rods.i dont think a person could go wrong on them.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks -

I've looked at them in the catalog a hundred times and always wondered if they'd be any good.

3. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Look 5 posts down.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Still no complaints on the 3 I have.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    the model i have is the saltwater surf rod.i just found them in bass pros for 19.99 still.