Bass Pro Shop's opening

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by GETHOOKED, Jun 4, 2007.

1. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    So who is going to brave the crowds and get a first glimpse of my new home-bass pro shop on wed the 6th at 6pm? I do believe I will be there with one of my sons, I shall be shopping for fishing line and hooks, and just checkin out the new money taker!!

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I cannot wait for this place to open. I will try and make it later wednesday night before they close because I work until eight. Only a couple miles from home, I am more than happy that this place is going up, didn't realize it is opening already! Thanks for this post!

3. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Going to try to make it. just 4 mil.from home. see if they have $5. PBS Ts left.

4. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I really want to make it down. I know that I won't make it for the grand opening, but I will definately frequent the Mesa location more than Vegas now.

My first experience with BassPro Shops was in Atlanta. Ever since, I have been a major fan of BPS. I am really interested to see how things will be at the new store.

Ryan

5. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Hell I ain't got no money left. BPS took to long to open. Spent it all at Cabela's. Guess I'll just have to wait till I fill the piggy bank back up. Better yet Fathers day is comming up a BPS gift card would be nice Hummmm! say $500.00.

6. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I envy you. I was up there a couple weeks ago and drove by to see it. It is really got a good location. I think it's quite a bit bigger than Cabelas. I got a chance to see the headquarters in Springfield many years ago, O M G!! What a place!!! If this one is anything close to that, it's like Disneyworld for us! Yeehaw!!

:cool2:

7. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I used to live and grew up 5 miles from the world headquarter is springfield,mo. WHAT A PLACE, I was spoiled and that is why I fish and hunt so much now. I dont think it can hold a light to that one, but it is bigger than Cablea's, and should be more geared towards fisherman!! 36 hours left!!!!:tounge_out:

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Can anyone tell me exactly where its located at. i am coming out of yuma and dont want to drive around all of the phoenix area to try and find it. anyone help?

9. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    it is on the southeast corner of the 202 hywy and dobson road

10. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I'll be there when they open in the morn. Can't wait to see it. They have one of the garmin gps's that i want on sale.

11. Kevin N

Kevin N New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am not in to crowds so will let grand opening die down then go been watching it go us as true it is right off the 202 at dobson rd as we go to saguaeo lake to fish we go right up the 202 to power rd since the 202 opened it made the drive to the lake 1/2 the time,,

12. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Finally, someone who sells 10/0 hooks. Their selection is awesome.

13. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    So I had to reply to this....I was at BPS over the weekend and got some more stuff. It was my first time looking around at the Mesa store. It is a little different than some of the others that I have been to, but it was still nice to look around.

I like the BPS points. I got a new ambassador 6600c4 reel for $27.00. In two months I had earned $65.00 in points. To get a new reel for that much is not bad at all in my book.

Ryan

14. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey guys, I don't know what kind of grand opening they are planning out there but I would strongly suggest going. I went to the one in Cincinnati a few years ago and it was amazing. The had a whole boat load of fishing pros that you could talk to and they were as nice as could be and very helpful. Plus they put on free seminars every 1/2 hour or so. The best part was everything in the store was dirt cheap! With it being the grand opening the sales are better than normal. I went through the store like a kid in candy shop throwing things in my cart because they were good deals. When I went to check out I was getting nervous because the register kepted ringing but in the end I spent $150 and saved right around $300!!!