Bass Pro shops open in Rancho cucamonga

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by askins00, Jul 3, 2007.

1. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    I just got my confirmation email that JULY 18, at 5:30 bass pro shop will be open. I will be there who else is going?

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I got that email ad also but I don't think I'm going until the crowd thins a little.

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'm with you Tom. I don't plan to go there on a weekend to check things out. I'll go mid week later in my life. From what I understand, the main store in Mo. is the main attraction for the state. If I need anything the catalog is ok for deliveries.... A buddy of mines boy has the contract to clean the "fish tank" for them. He was already in the business of taking care of fish tanks in the area, and helped them with the setup of the tank. He has to get SCUBA certified, and will put in some 30hrs a week to maintain it....

How are you set for taking on the river in July.... from the 12th on?

bayrunner ray

4. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    As far as I know right now, I have nothing scheduled after the Channel Islands trip next week.
    There is the possibility that an event that I expect to happen at any time may not happen until then but I believe it will be much sooner.:sad2:
    If it transpires before then I am obligated to attend.
    Have you been watching the local salt reports?
    Looks like the barracudas and sandies are on a tear out of MDR and the WSB are making a good show at the Islands.
    Not much action on the 'buts though.

5. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Tom, My buddy Steve twisted my arm for short.....1/2 day of salt fishing tomorrow am. What you say? He's is going to meet me there at 7:am on his cycle. Got room for one more. Like you say, the sandies are there, my friend capt. jack says that the kelp at palos verdes is good.... some scattered berries, but that the best place to go out of is MDR, and head to Malibu and the kelp there....

what you say? PM

bayrunner ray

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Guys, don't forget to bring the iron! and if you have them feather jigs. I went out two weeks ago on the Sportking. The berries are huge. I was terring em up on a salas green and yellow. We headed to the Newport erea. I ended up catching eight berries, two calicos and one sandbass. My buddy caught an 11 pound berrie and he also one the jackpot.

Jaime

7. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Jaime, thanks for the "tips".... read your post of the salt experience.... and the luck that you guys had..... 11lb "log" is a good size fish..... we'll target several berries, and some sand bass..... maybe a butt.... I just need something to do early tomorrow as just up the street were having a block party..... got to bring something to "share" with the neighbors..... Have a great 4tg buddy... catch you later...... bayrunner ray :0a22:

8. Catman2

Catman2 New Member

State:
    California
    I told my boss I may not make it to work opening day or week, because of the 15 fwy traffic, which is already terrible...I work in ontario, but live in hesperia. I read people are chartering buses from sacramento! and other places, there will be no place to park, its going to be a mad house for a while...which okay, here comes in the paranoia, our lakes and rivers are stressed as it is, and now with all this new excitement for fishing, and hunting, new-born fisherman, everybody and theyre brother squeezing into already tight spaces at the lakes, it scares me... I mean try fishing hesperia lake sometime, now just wait till all these people who hadnt thought about fishing till they heard about all the hooplah in the media about bps opening when they hit the lakes, hesperia lake will look like disneyland on opening day. I may have to move.

9. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Remember that 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fishermen.
    They may get wound up for a while but that will settle down once they discover they can't just toss out a line and catch a fish.

10. gilmafam

State:
    California

11. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I may stop in there the next time I'm down at my friend Joes place. I usually drive right past there.
    The thIng that worries me most about going there is that I can seldom go to a Turners and get out the door for less than $100. What might happen if I go in there?

12. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Yea Tom, I hear you...... I did not want to "freak out" my wife by getting anything big...... what a selection of poles they have...... I shyed away from doing any serious looking....... My buddy mentioned his discount, and just make a list..... WOW what do I need????

Tom, are you up for Marina Del Rey tomorrow?.... talk to you later.. off to do the taxes...... "late again"........bayrunner ray

13. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Seems like I always need a new pole. Lately I been giving some thought to a surf fishing rig.
    You bet I'm up for it. I'll PM you a little later so we can iron out the details.

14. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    yep going to give it a try thurs. nite

hey ray thought i was the only 1 that did there taxs late:eek:oooh: man just got home and opened up my mail box to 3 checks from the last 3 years lol that added up 2 $9600:cool2: talk about late:smile2: umm wonder what i can use it on hehehehe

dude and no flats in the tank and whats up with no salt water tank

15. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    I went to bass pro shops grand opening last night and I was disappointed. Their entire catfish section was bout 4 feel wide. 190,000 sqft and all cat fishing got was 20 sqft. I went there to get a tub of catfish Charlie's sticky shad dip bait but all they had was Berkly's catfish dough bait. I really didn't mind the crowds or all of the look y-loo's or the fact that it took 45 minutes to checkout. I just hope that enough of us will say something to them so they will get a larger cat fishing section.

16. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Granted, the catfishing section itself is fairly small, but there isn't a whole lot of specialty equipment needed for fishing the cats. The store itself is great. I live about 5 mins from it, and am extremely pleased with my new after work activity center.

In my honest opinion, it's not quite as great as the BPS in Vegas, but it's very, very close!

17. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I went there this past Tuesday afternoon to check it out. It is a very nice store! The store was picked over pretty well and I noticed a lot of empty shelves. I too was bummed out on their small catfish selection but consider this. One of the guys I work with talked to one of the employees this past Wednesday. The employee works at another BPS along the east coast but is here in California to open the new store. My buddy told the BPS employee that the west coast market is going to be very different than what they are used to and that the demand for certain products will differ from the east coast. The BPS employee agreed and told my buddy that they were going readjust their iventory based on demand. This means it is up to us to let BPS know that their is a big demand for catfishing in southern California especially this time of year. Lets see how big we can make that catfish section grow. They are already expecting to make changes to their inventory so lets get the word out. Maybe they will have to change the name to Catfish Pro Shop (no way would it happen, but a nice thought).

18. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Thanks for the update Brandon..... I was fortunate to go to the family nite the Sunday before they opened..... all the shelves were full..... Like you said, not much on the cat side of things..... I guess that we will have to talik it up some to get more on the cat side of things....

bayrunner ray

19. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Yes, hopefully as time goes on and they realize the demand for catfish stock is there, they will incrcease their inventory. That's great that you had the opportunity to go on family night, that must have been fun to see.

20. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Just reading in the local WON news and the author of one article mentioned that the fishing dept. at the new shop has a "catfish" section that rivials most tackle shops entire selection.......I'm not sure if they did add some new stock..... but I've seen some good selections of "catfish gear" at a place in Bakersfield.......

My buddy who takes care of the fish tank in the BPS store says that the "blues" are eating on the LM Bass, if they dont watch their butts....

bayrunner ray