Bass Pro Shops:Clarksville

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Fishgeek, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I really didn't want to start a new thread but the old one about BPS has moved off to Neverland. Anyway...

I had to go to Jeffersonville for a clinic this afternoon & on my way down I noticed that I was only going to be one exit from Bass Pro. So, I decided that I really didn't need that mileage reimbursement so I spent it! Bought 4 Driftmasters for my new boat and an anchor. I was pretty set for everything else so I didnt' go crazy. That's a nice place. I've been to the one in Bolingbrook, IL but that Clarksville store is much nicer & seemed a lot bigger. It was really nice to be in a store that sold hooks larger than 4/0!

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If they would only let you fish ther tank.. LOL

3. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I love that store....
    I used to live behind it, like 1/2 a mile away or so.
    then i moved so i never get to go lol.
    but, im glad you got set for fishing.

P.S. i heard the Clarksville Bass Pro is the second largest, not sure if its true though.

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wouldn't that be nice!

5. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like how they got the creek flowing through the middle of the store thats really cool:smile2:

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I spend alot of my time up top playing the games... I like the shooting games.. they are pretty cool

7. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll have to head down there. The closest to me is in Portage and its too set up for steelhead, bummer.

8. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Super Sweet store there in Clarksville. Ive been there once and loved it. Also been to the one in Cinncinatti once. You brothers in the southern and northern part of the state have it made being close to those stores. We use to have a very small but nice sporting good store on the southside but was closed once new owners bought it. Here in Muncie about all we have is the walmart and a few bait shops. We drive down to indy once in awhile to the gandermountain store. It is nice but not as nice as bass pro. Wish we had a better set up here or at least close.

9. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    MO is the largest & Clarksville is the 2nd. :wink:
    If you have the chance drop me a pm & we can go shopping!:smile2:

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I drove to BPS in Clarksville. They've seemed to have alot of new stock of rods & reels. One of the rods is 18' & light as a feather. Some of the reels are about of the size of Zebco's 101, even the spincasters, spinning reels & the casting reels. It seems to me to be the smallest I've ever seen. Anyone for shopping?:big_smile: