Bass Pro Shops Catfish Seminar San Antonio

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by hillcountryfishin, Feb 25, 2008.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Well it's the srping fishing event again and I've been asked back at BPS in San Antonio to cover fishing for our beloved Kitties.
    I'll have some tackle and presenetations and go over the basics of catfishing, what I look for , areas to fish and tips of the trade and try to answer as many questions as I can.
    It will be this sunday March 2nd at the San Antonio location of 1604 west.
    I'll be there from opening till 1200.
    Come on out and stop by and say hello or talk shop.
    I should be located at the same place as the last couple times; over by the catfishing tackle and hooks.
    Looking forward to it.
    Cliff

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    This would be a Great start to your video making ! Would it be possible for you to have someone film ?

3. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Morning Cliff,
    Glad to hear about your presentation, the wife is having surgery on the 27th but if she feels well enough, we'll make it. Kevin and I could use another refresher already lol.
    Kevin lost a big one the other day and he still can't get over it, has a bad case of the ' if only's' lol We got the little trolling motor going the other day and went all the way to the 181 cove, then fished along the outside of that channel facing the park. I thought it be best to put a 30# ss leader with terminals so we could remove the hooks when we left, Kevin hooked up with a big cat that gave him the fight of his life only to straighten out the terminal just as I was trying to net him. Man, it was awesome what with the rod bending, the drag screaming and the boat being pulled (I think that when the anchors started holding is when he lost 'Moby Cat') lol

Hope to see you there,

Rubes

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I will try & make it also, didn't get to see the last one.

5. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    CHANGE
    Time will be at 1130 am till 130 ish
    Sorry for the confusion

6. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is some nice fish:big_smile:

7. Mike Sebranek

Mike Sebranek New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ahh... man. I knew I should have planned a trip to San Antonio, instead of Las Vegas.:embarassed: Oh well, maybe next year.

M.

8. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Just wanted to say thanks for coming out. We had a great turnout! Always good to swap tips and tactics and share information. Had a great time and always enjoying doing these and putting faces to screen names.
    Thanks again,
    Cliff

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    couldn't make it buddy, slept in after fishing Cally till 3 a.m. and fighting that wind all night!!!

10. marky1957

marky1957 New Member

State:
    texas
    sorry i wasnt able to get to san antonio.