Bass Pro Shops Cat Maxx?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by channelin, May 31, 2009.

1. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    Im needing to upgrade to some heavier rods and I wanted to know what people thought of these rods. Im starting to target blues and dont think my rods will handle it very well..

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I own a CatMaxx rod and I'm very pleased on the performance of the rod. I use the rod specifically on drifting for Channel Cats. I hooked a darn tree this weekend and put so much pressure in the rod, I thought it was going to break, but the rod held up just fine. I'm impressed of the strength of this rod, escpecially for the price!!

Great investment for the fishing arsenal!!

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah ive got a catmaxx rod i like it alot,the only thing i dont like about it is its a one piece,its a pain to haul around.other then that its a great rod i think.

4. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I have a few of the catmax rods and I like them alot. The eyes bend easy but I can live with that. They feel solid to me when I hook into a big catfish. You won't be disappointed and welcome to BOC.

5. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    Thanks for the help, Im looking at buying a coulple and and they looked like a nice rod.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Josh.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have a 9' MH 2-piece and a 7'9" MH 1-piece. I like them real well. The only complaint I have is the butt end is too big to fit in a Driftmaster rod holder. You have to trim it down a little to get it to fit.

8. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I purchased 4 Catmaxx Black rods One Piece 7"6' Hvy action from a brother member. I'm only using 2 so would be willing to let go of 2. Let me know if your interested. I live just off of 69 hwy at the La Cygne exit. I Linn valley Ks. :0a23:​

9. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Would entertain a trade too!

10. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    I like the rods but the eyes suck!! They are really flimsy. As long as you take special care not to bend them, you should be fine.