Bass Pro Shop vs Cabelas

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wolfman, Mar 9, 2007.

Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas?

1. Bass Pro Shop

2. Cabelas

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Whats your favorite? Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas

2. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I wold have to say Cabella. Bass pro shop has a lot of good items, but cabella has it for cheaper and they ship faster from what I have seen and from what I have ordered.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Cabelas just because I dont want to have anyting reciept saying I bought something for Bass :big_smile: . Really Cabelas seems to be laid out better and have better selection for what I would want.

4. kansas bluecatter

kansas bluecatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cabela's has my vote 110% of the time. The quality of their merchandize far exceeds that of BPS. John Jamison

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I agree with John.

The BPS branded stuff can be pretty cheesy, which I could live with if the price matched the quality. It doesn't.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I would say definatey Cabellas! B.P.'s stuff just dont last. Anyone ever been to Gander Mountain? That place has a pile of junk at sky high prices! :angry:

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    we have been going to cabella's about every two months and the bargain cave has had some really good stuff at reduced price. it seems that if you shop it you will find plenty of returned stuff that is marked down to make it really attractive to buy.

8. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Have to say Cabela's... cheaper and the seem to have the odd ball stuff I'm always looking for.

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    cabelas...better product and MUCH better customer service

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I went with BPS just because I don't like ordering offline (half the fun of buying new gear is going and checking it all out and playing with it first!) and I don't have a cabelas around. So I like Bass Pro. As far as customer service I have had only one incident with them and they were fantastic to me. Bought a reel and had the gears strip after the first nice fish. They took it back, apologized several times, replaced the reel (which was a shakespeare) and lined it with Big Game for free, so no complaints there!

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have used both for many years.Both have always treated me great so far and I have been well satisfied in the handling of anything and everything that I was or was not satisfied with,for whatever reason.I believe that we are very fortunate to have them both.I believe that the competition between the two helps them to work toward our satisfaction.Had everyone treated me as Bass Pro and Cabela's have over the years,I would have been a much happier consumer.My personal impatience while waiting on something "back ordered" or being replaced when "damaged in shipment" has been my only dislike.Hey!That is the little kid in me.Not the fault of these two great companies.I can not vote as I feel both have treated me equally.I have bought a unbelievable amount of gear from both over the years and and never remember being disappointed.Much has stood the test of time and I still have it.Most,I can not tell which I bought it from.As I got disabled and unable to purchase much or often,I still got the same treatment that I did with my former (to me) large and expensive purchases.This is why I love them both.I still order from both in my name occasionally,but it is mostly for and financed by others.I love you Brothers and Sisters,peewee

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I've been ordering from cabelas since I was a boy. then as I was first dating my wife, cabelas had started building their hamburg PA store. I got to watch it come to life as we were driving back and forth to each others hometown. I was there for the grand opening which was a mad house. I was there for 3hrs and there was still mounts and stuff I missed the first time there. its only 30 min away so I save money going there to buy then it would for me to order from bass pro. I was to their harrisburg store once but it didnt impress me much. kinda small too.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I voted Cabela's because I like their guarantee better than Bass Pro.

14. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I've never actually shopped at cabela's and only have bass pro around here. I feel the catmaxx rods are excellent rods although the reels aren't so great. As far as customer service goes when i went to bass pro to purchase my garcia 7000 C3 the guy behind the counter wasn't very helpful. When i walked into the store i knew what i wanted, although the guy asked me what i planned on using the reel for, I replied "catfish.....he tried to push this cheaper reel on me, some Bill dance baitcaster or something or other for $30 bucks. then after all of that he said the garcia 7000 doesn't make a C3..i just pointed into the glass and said that one please. I didn't get really angry, but the guy just made what should have been a simple purchase into a hassle. I don't know why he tried to persuade me into buying a cheaper reel....maybe he thought i was gonna use it to catch squeeler channel cats out of the local lake? I do still go there because they simply have stuff i need that i can't get anywhere else without ordering off the net....but if there were a cabela's around i think i would rather shop there. In fact im about to do a store search to see if there are any in Georgia.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I voted for Bass Pro Shops. They have always done good by me. Ordering, warranties and etc. Satisfied customer. I just wish we had a store closer than three hours away.

16. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I personally like Academy Sports and Outdoors better than the both of them, I find both Cabelas and BPS to be expensive, especially when it comes to buying lures!

17. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I too prefer Academy, better prices and much easier to return stuff, no questions asked. But, no on line store. I couldn't answer the question, don't do much shopping on line and have been very disappointed in the stores of both Cabela's and Bass Pro, especially in the cat fishing department. I will have to say that both have better reel prices than I've found elswhere.

18. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My choice would be Cabella's. I can not say anything bad about Bass Pro for I really have not been shopping there. However I've got a couple of things to say about Cabella's:
    Great Customer Service at least in the fishing Dept.
    Very knowledgeable staff in the fishing dept.
    Finally Cabella's King Cat Tournament Series.
    I'm not sure if Bass Pro is a big supporter of Catfishing, If they are I just haven't heard a whole lot about it. But Cabella's is all over the place supporting this great sport of Catfishing!
    I can't wait until they get that Bass Pro done here in K.C. so I'll have that pretty waterfall to look at on my way to Cabella's!!! :tounge_out:

Garrett

19. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    maybe around your neck of the woods, but here its not bad at all. sure theres some things that i laugh at as i walk by, but thats gunna happen everywhere. for the most part im satisfied 98% of the time walking out of there. here its the only place you can buy a license for deer or turkey during the week before and its not a mad house cuz they have at least 3 people up front doing license at once. im going to a bps the end of next month on a trip to visit family and then im going to a cabelas sometime a couple months from now when we go to michigan to see family. ill tell ya which one i like better then.

20. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    VERY GOOD POLL. I ENJOY GOING TO BOTH PLACES BOTH WITH BASS PRO SHOP BEING CLOSER TO ME ,IT RECIEVED MY VOTE.LOL