BASS PRO SHOP 2006 SPINNING CATMAXX combo

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Lil Grinder 20, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Lil Grinder 20

Lil Grinder 20 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    GOT 1 earlier in the year give me your thoughts?? seems good 2 me

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I really like the Catmaxx rods but do not own any of the reels.

3. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I've bought the combo, and really like it. It looks like the prices for the combos this year have really gone up.

The spinning rod and reel combo range between 79.98 - 89.98
    The baitcaster rod and reel combo range between 89.98 - 99.98

I am glad I got mine last year or the tear before.

chris

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The rod is worth it. The reel well let's just say there drag system is the worst. They also don't have very good quality control on there products. At least I know this for a fact on there reels. Sense I spent a long long time on the phone with them about it. They basically have around 10 different factories making there reels and they all have there own specs. So what you have here is a dice throw on if you got a reel from a factory with high tolerance or not. They have no clue what factory made a certain reel either. If I remember correctly the guy said that some factories will also subcontract the reels out to be made. That and all that style of reel are the same basically just different name. As for there rods I do know that G-loomis use to make ALL of basspro rods. I don't know who makes them now though. I say toss the reel keep the rod. :)

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Josh

What kind of problems did you have with your reel?

Thanks
    chris

6. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I really like the one I have it is longer I really like the catsing distance works great.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Plain and simple the drag locks up. At least on the 2 reels I have owned. When you set it and pull it by hand it's all fine and dandy. Soon as you get a good fish on. It's like the reel puts on the E-brake and wont give the fish any line. It's now my channel cat reel. It seems to handle them little guys ok. But any fish over 5 it's a joke.