Bass Pro Power Plus Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Whiskers4U, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Whiskers4U

Whiskers4U New Member

State:
    PA
    Anybody out there ever use the Power Plus Trophy Class Rods from Bass Pro Shops? If you did, how do they perform? Bass Pro Shops said these rods are a little thinner than most E Glass rods but still have plenty of backbone.

2. Whiskers4U

Whiskers4U New Member

State:
    PA
    Anyone???? I guess very few use these rods.

3. Lawdog

Lawdog New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use the Bass-Pro CatMaxx rods and have been very happy with them.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have a POWERPLUS Trophy CLASS 1054 7' Hvy Act. 1-4 oz. Lure wt. 12-30 lb. Line 7G rod with a shimano Charter Special TR 2000 Lever Drag reel on it.I have not used it yet.I will let everyone know if I get to.peewee-williams

5. bluecatmaster

bluecatmaster New Member

State:
    oh
    me and my dad got the 7 or8 fter we messed up and got the ones that diddnt break down but they still are good though :lol:

6. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    i use the Power pro rods the 7.5ft MH baitcasting 2 piece... They hold up well to large object being pulled in from the water... notice i didn't say catfish, the only big things i caught on that rod that was over 10 lbs was a couple of very large (25-40#) snapping turtles but the rod held its own with them... The only issue i've had with them is the guides... had the insert on my tiptop guide fall out but i think that was due to my inattention to caring for it ( kept reeling the weight and swivel up in it) rather then it being a bad product... I keep waiting for the price to come down a little bit more so i can buy a few more of them and switch out a couple other rods for other things...

7. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Powerplus rods are now on sale.peewee-williams

8. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    what kinda prices do these rods range in. i need a couple new channel cat rods

9. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Power Plus trophy class around $25. Catmaxx is a little more. You can go to www.basspro.com to check them out.

10. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    hey thanks i will check them out next time i head to the bass pro shop. bad thing is ive probably allready handled them there.

11. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Regular $24.99,now $19.99.peewee-williams