Bass Pro Power Plus Rods on Sale

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fishinnstudyin, Feb 2, 2007.

1. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    I've eyed these before.. Originally $24.99 and now down to $14.99..

I need a couple of boat rods in case some invites me on their boat and I'm wondering how these good of a rod these are. I saw only one review of them before and a couple of guy had responded that they are good, but the low price is making me question just how good these are.

Can anyone help me out? I'm planning on buying these tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I don't know what rod to get, it says that the medium heavy has a line weight of 12-25 lbs.. I normally run 30 lb BG, so would that be a bad matchup with this rod and would I have to upgrade to the Heavy rod? Only thing I have against heavy rods are I have only heavy rods for catfishing, 2 Catmaxx 11 footers and after buying them I realized that they wouldnt be that enjoyable to use unless catching monster river catfish

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I suggest while your there looking at them to put your hand where the two pieces go together and shake the rod....I had some of them at one time that did not fit together well. I have one that fit just right and still use it. I don't use heavier than 20# line on mine so I can't help you with the 30# question.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John buy the med/hvy at that price you can't go wrong. If you need to down size your line later ( 20#) then do so.Berkley Big Game 20# test breaks at approx 27# with good knots tied.I hope this helps.:big_smile:

4. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    i really really like these rods, best 'cheap' rods i have ever used. I have medium and medium heavy ones and I like the medium, got some backbone but also a flexible tip (makes catching fish fun). I like them and still use them all the time, i would definately recomend it for 15 bucks

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would get the med heavy model, u will have more backbone.