Bass Pro post...that reminds me....

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Gary S., Feb 18, 2007.

1. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody know for sure when the new cabelas is suppose to open in Hazelwood? All the website says is "Spring 2007". I've been to Bass Pro in Springfield. Never been to a Cabelas before. Some say they like Cabelas stores way more than BPS. Anybody know what the date is?

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

3. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Cuz. I haven't been able to get a clear-cut date anywhere. I'd like to know, since maybe, just maybe, they'll have some huge sales to celebrate the opening?! If I get something concrete on that date I'll post it right away.

4. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I 'm going by memory, and that can be a little scary, But I e-mailed them last fall and was told that the store should be open sometime in Sept/ Oct. of 2007. I was questioning the Spring opener announcement ands they assured me it would not happen as they were way behind.

5. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    man I didnt even know about this and I grew up in hazelwood/florrisant!!

cant wait!!

6. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was by that way today and its still under construction. I know they can put those things up quick but it still looks a ways off to being open.

7. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    My buddy is in the decorators union and is putting the interior together..... he says may-june is the new projected date. They are way ahead of schedule.... Ya Didn't hear it from me though

8. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Jolle! I'm waaay too excited to see it!

9. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I have been abt 7 cabelas vs 4 or so basspro if that indicates anything.
    Kerney Neb. is not a showplace like the others but nice.
    basspro Myrtle Beach SC just so-so, Springfield Misso. (huge gator turtle in tank) is nice but Clarksville Ind. is exceptional!
    Basspro is mostly fishin but changeing,
    Cabelas is mostly hunting with fishing. (huge flathead in tank Mitchell S.D.) the taxadermy both native and african game, whitetail gallerys are awsome! especially newer stores like Ft Worth.
    jus my opinion.
    Both worth goin to, and again, and again.

10. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    man I cant wait. its only about a 15-20 min drive. and I grew up right down the dang street from it. cant wait to compare prices with bass pro.

11. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, same here ravenloft420---I'm practically foamin at the mouth! Ok, maybe not foamin, just droolin. It's gonna be a mad-house on opening day!