Bass Pro Macon!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by BassMassey, May 9, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Anyone around the middle georgia area or that plans on traveling down I-75 needs to stop at the basspro in macon. They have a warehouse in the back of the store that sell returned, or refurbished merchendise. I went in there today just to get some line and some hooks or whatever. I went back into this clearence warehouse and found all kinds of rods, reels, pretty much a lil of anything they might carry. They had atleast 30 catmaxx rods of all different sizes, even the new ones. I ended up getting two of the new style catmaxx rods for $20 each, i got the 2008 model ambassueder 7000 for $90 ......i got an older model Big Game 7000 for $99. There is nothing wrong with the goods, they just can't sell them for full price on the shelf since they were returns or refurbished. I didn't have any need for either of these rigs but i couldn't pass it up. I will tell ya most of the reels were either the offshore angler, which is made by basspro, and the basspro brands. I did leave one more garcia in the case though, lol. There are a bunch of catmaxx rods though, and for 20 dollars thats hard to beat. i fish with these rods anyway and usually pay around $60 for them. they get different stuff in all the time...if you're anywhere near macon i urge you to get down there......

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Aaron, sounds like you got some good deals. The BPS hear in Nashville occasionally has some of those rods on sale, but I've never seen them put any of those reels on sale. Congrats, now go catch some fish!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That's a great, and very important piece of information. Thanks for the tip.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    As much as I shop there I never thought of seconds. Thanks for the info.

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    now i beleive the woman said the macon shop is where all the other bass pro shops send returned and refurbished stuff. these aren't sale items that you find in their flyer or anything like that.-bassmassey

6. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I had never seen a discount area in either of our BPS's... Sounds like the Cabelas bargain cave, and you can sure find some great deals there...