Bass Pro in the upstate

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by flatheadhunterx, Nov 12, 2007.

1. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Anybody see the evening news where they are wanting to put a bass pro at the intersection of 85 and hwy 14 in greer? getting alot of protest from local tackle shops though.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm all for the little man (local tackle shops) but man it sure would be nice to have bass pro within an hour driving distance.Then I wouldnt have to wait a week for my stuff to come in, I could just go get it.

3. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    They talked the talk at the intersection of 85 and hwy 76, but they can't walk the walk. Maybe someday.

4. skiff_2

skiff_2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We got one down here in Myrtle. It's really, really nice. Great sales every month. Sometimes 2 circulars a month overlapping dates. I appreciate the little guys, but the purchasing power of a huge chain like that translates to lower prices.

5. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    I don't know about a Bass Pro, but I do know an Academy Sports is opening this weekend in Spartanburg. I've been to their store in Nashville TN and I can tell you they got a butt-load of fishin stuff......mot as much as a Cabelas or BP, but far more than Dicks, Sports Authority, etc. Check'em out.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Academy opens this weekend in Spartanburg and I'm glad to see. The governor is trying to stop the tax breaks given to the big name store so they may not come to Greer.

7. crappie tracker

crappie tracker New Member

State:
    s.c
    it would be nice to have a bps in the upstate

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yes thomas he thinks big or small they should all get the same treatment, I do alot of work in that area and the people that live around there are against it almost as much as they are against a wal mart going up on pelham rd, and they have stopped it so far.

9. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    How about a Cabella's, where you could actually buy some quality hunting and fishing gear. I mean, I enjoy going to BPS but compared to the other mega huntign fishing stores, they are the Big Lot's of the business.

10. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    A Bass Pro Shop would be nice to have, especially close by. Might not be good for my wallet, but I can manage. I have heard one was coming for a while. Guess we will just have to see.

11. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I have dealt with both through the years and not only does Cabela's have better quality but their Customer Service is better.

12. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I dont know if you have Overtons down there but if you do Gander Mountain just bought them out and will increase the fishing gear in 2008 !!......