Bass Pro in Pyramid arena in Tennessee

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by RIP, Feb 19, 2006.

1. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    In memphis tennessee downtown there is an arena called the pyramid. it has been empty for about a year. Bass pro shop is working on a deal to move in. If they do it will be the biggest one. They will pay one million $ a year rent. my question is would you travel on vacation or road trip to visit this huge bass pro shop store? I live about 30 miles outside of memphis I think I would probably spend alot of time and money there myself.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well when i'm on the road to or from a tournament i stop at everyone i can just to see the store. So if i'm coming down that way i would stop and check it out.

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I wouldn't make a special trip to just see a BPS. I've got one here just about 2 miles away. I would say if you seen one then you seen them all.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Not always different mounts and fish and just looking at different thing about our sport makes it a fun trip.

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    This place is HUGE, they will really have alot to see.

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    I lived in Memphis for 30 years and the Pyramid was just another huge waste of taxpayer's money. If there was a BPS there it sure would be a big one.

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    RIP havent heard about that but i would drive down there sometime to see it if it is supposed to be that big. I drove to the one in Springfield to see it, but I would definately stop in if I was in the area. Its hard to pass by a Bass Pro or Cabelas without stopping, although its better for the bank account if I dont:)

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    RIP I sure hope it does make it in there. I know I will make the 2 hour drive to try it out a few times. guess they will shut the one down on the East side if it does come in..
    PEte

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I ask a guy that works there the other day, he said it wasn't for sure but looked pretty good. If they did put it in there they would shut the one on the east side down.

10. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Thats some great news to me! During the summer i'm fishing over there two or three times a month and right off the bridge would be the perfect spot (for me at least). I could bounce off the bridge, pick up some goodies and take them for a test run. LOL I hate dragging the boat 20 miles out of the way to the current store. Traffics rough early morning or late in the afternoon.

11. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I drive by it twice a day to and from work, sure will beat diving all the way around Memphis to get to it. Yep, I would go there.

12. oldwhiskers

oldwhiskers New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    I would go there, but it will be farther for me than where it is now. But the location now is small compared to the one in Concord, NC. Maybe they will carry a lot more gear than what they can fit in there now and not just fill it with boats.

13. TnOutdoorsman81

TnOutdoorsman81 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I can't say that I would plan a vacation around visiting a BPS, but I would definately go there if I was passing nearby. A BPS in the pyramid would be huge!

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Be a good place to stop (while I had some cash) on the way down to Tunica. Might come home with something anyhow.

15. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Just heard on the news, friday bass pro shops is going to make an announcement about the pyramid. On the news they did say there is going to be a hotel and restaurant in the bass pro shop. It's going to be HUGE!!!!!

16. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well it's friday, just watched the news bass pro shops pres. was in town today. They unveiled a plan for the new bass pro mega center, a hotel, restaurant, marina on the miss. river for boat testing a drive through aquarium. If they sign a contract it well open in 2008.

17. ejones1961

ejones1961 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I most definitely would come to see it, I live in Martin and don't get to Memphis often but I stop at BPS every time I come there.

18. Charlesp54

Charlesp54 Active Member

State:
    Horn Lake, Ms
    I think that it's going to be really nice to be able to test drive a boat before you buy it just as you would a car or truck. I only have one problem with the whole thing I spend too much money in the store out east and this one will be closer. My wife will probably take my check book from me.:crying:

19. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i went to the bps in nashville 3 years ago. i was not impressed. there are several large sportinggoods stores in knoxville that i like just as well. course it was just like the one at sevierville. most of the items i wanted to see they were out of.
    i made the trip back to severeville yesterday to see thier grizzley boats. i had been assured they would have them by then. they gave me pictures. boats were out of stock. i prefer to shop on ebay.

20. alsims

alsims New Member

I have a sun in law that workes at bass pro east. he said if they get the pyramid.they are not going to close that one.