Bass Pro in Clarksville

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Oct 25, 2007.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was just curious as to how many of you have visited this store.. The place was great.. Wish i had gotten pics of it... But if you havent been to this store you need to give it a shot at least once...

2. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Yeah, this place is truly awesome. I could vacation there, for crying out loud. It's three floors with a restaurant and a starbucks. Wow. Not to mention they have some GREAT examples of taxidermy set up.

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I would like it alot better if it was Cat Pro. I don't care much for bass fishing and they have 60 isles of bass lures and one isle for catfishing. Still a very nice store, I just prefer a Cat Pro. Vern

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I hear ya Vern.. I did notice that too. I had never been to a Bass pro before. But i do fish for pretty much anything my local waters will give me. But im all for a Cat Pro Shop. I just want to know why they dont have any flatheads in the tank there... they have everything else..

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    a flathead ..would prolly eat everything in the tank.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    they did have one in there they had to get r9de of it it keep eaten all the fish up im with u vern on the cat pro shop if they would just put some catfishing things in there it would be great when we were down there they didnt have any line over 20lb testand very few reels

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ive never been there but if its like the cicy,st louis and ten. ones ive been too they are awsume!:big_smile:

8. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I was just there again yesterday. I got my very own BPS credit card (which allowed me some new gear hehehe). I think my father will finally consider me a man now and let me hang out at the bait shop with him. Who knows.

If anyone is up for fishing sometime, let me know. I found a great bait spot today where you can reel gills in one after another and take 'em down to the river for some real fish.

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I have to agree with Vern and Shane, tons of bass stuff and very little cat stuff. But hey, our sport is up and coming fast so I'm sure they will adapt, hopefully anyway. But yes they are an awesome store, I was at the one in Cincinnati, Ohio last week. I was like a kid in a candy store. By the way, they have a flathead in the tank up there!! rspd507

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    They count ya like sheep coming down the ramp, then they fleese ya, LOL.
    I think one of the guys who helped build that place is still lost in there somewhere.......big enough for the whole trailer park at once.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am a Cabelas man.....dont say bass......but they are nice to visit if your in the area

12. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Love that place due to being a 20 min drive for me.Got me a wish list a mile long that when Mr Income Tax refund comes will be fulfilled.I looked at a ton of nice toys for the boat and when shes done will be the queen of the ohio lol.
    As for cat reels The Catmax reels work real good for me.

I am stuck at home due to Balancer going byebye on my Jeep.So today I will kick back watch the Colts and DVR Nascar drink some cold ones and chill.All the while gazing out the window at the sunshine.

13. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Bass Pro offers a military discount (either active or retired) if you have your card and let the casher know prior to checking out. I think the discount is 10%, but this does not include electronics. Every bit helps!! :big_smile:

Linda

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Thats great.. My brother-in-law is active in the Army.. We are going to have to go shopping.. We should Petition and try to get a larger catfishing section... I beleive the BOC has the man power to do it

15. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    What we need is a Catfish Pro.No need for a mega store just a chain around the US that deals in just catfish related products.That way you wouldn't have to walk a mile to get what you needed.Then the small guy who has a neat bank pole holder might have a chance to market it and make a buck or 2.

16. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    The shop in Clarksville is great. I was able to get some great photos from the side of the tank on the right where you can "step into it". I spent more money there than a human should. I am waiting for the Cabelas to open up in Greenwood. They are my main supplier.