Bass Pro Clamp Rod Holder

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by LiveWire, Jun 2, 2009.

1. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Hey yall, as most people now a'days, I'm on a super tight budget. I rode up to bass pro shops in Nashville yesterday and picked up a couple of their "Deluxe Clamp on Rod Holders" for my 12 ft jon boat. The cost was $5 ea. I was looking for something cheap and easy, and I got cheap, but not easy. I'll be returning the one I didnt open, but I doubt they will take the other back after I fooled with it trying to make it work. The problem I'm having with it is no matter how much I tighten it to the side of the boat, it just keeps working itself upwards and rolls back and fourth. I tried bending the clamps, didnt work. Has anyone been able to make these things work on thier jon boat? If so, fill me in, because if I had to recomend a rod holder, this one would not make the list. The term "Ya get what ya pay for" comes to mind with these rod holders.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If you are on such a tight budget what on earth did ya go to BassPro for? LOL! Look in the library for rod holder ideas. :wink:

3. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Well you know, I feel like a kid in a toy store in there! I actually had no plans of buying any holders, but they caught my eye. You're right though, I'll check out the library. Thanks!

4. 8015kevin

8015kevin New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I fill your pain on rod holders we all have been threw crappy rod holders. Save your lunch money and get you some driftmasters. I don't know about you, but I have a lot of money in a rod and reel hanging off the side of the boat. Losing one rod could pay for ten driftmasters.