Bass Pro CatMaxx Rods. ENOUGH SAID!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Blue Bruiser, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Guys these are THE best rods that I have set my hands on in 10 years. Very affordable and will hold up to anything you throw at it. Guides out the wazzoo. I have the 7'6"s and they have 12 guides. You guys know that is quality. I just wish everyone could give em a go. THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i agree completely i have a pair of 9 foot two pc. cattmaxx rods and love them to no end, i have also a set of 7'6 rods of the same type and just cant handle another rod nothing compares to them and i mean nothing

3. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    I am running the 7'6" one pieces and they are the nuts!

4. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Just got an eight footer for x-mas,and love it!Got plenty of backbone and then some.I'm gotta get another or two.Never can have too many rods!:cool: Of course a man cant have rods with no reels, so I see a couple a new Abu's on the way!

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I've got the 8' rod/rell(baitcaster) and the rod is outstanding, no complaints at all! I am looking to purchase 1 more rod and reel combo. Has anyone used the spinning reels?

chris

6. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I have one of the spinning rods and the Catmax reel and it worked awsome for me hoss.

7. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    I've used 4 of the 8-ft MH one-piece for four years, mounted with 6500C3s, and I wouldn't trade them for anything else.

8. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Agreed, I have a one piece 8 footer I got for christmas and love it. Only been out once and caught a fish on the other 5 rods but not this one LOL

9. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    i won the 8' medium/heavy casting combo at a tournament 3 years ago.... the reel is collecting dust in my closet and the pole is collecting dust in my garage. won big fish $275 which was more useful.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I looked at the catmax rods while at bass pro a month ago..They are a nice rod, but I prefer the quantum bigcat.

11. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I have a couple of the heavy action Cat Maxx casting rods and I also love them. Very strong and lots of guides. I have a custom rod made by Jim 'Gator' Hudson and it is sweeet! I'm hoping to get another of the custom rods and another Cat Maxx. I usually fish 4 rods at a time

12. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I have submitted a number of posts concerning these rods. I TRUST them!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

13. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    My buddy just mentioned last night that he wanted to head down to Cincinnati to the Bass Pro store. I'll have to check them out while I'm there.

14. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I have looke at the Catmaxx rods. Does anyone know how they compare to the Cabels King Kat rods.

15. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    I love these rods. I have two 7'6" Heavies and they can handle any force I throw at them. I only wish they would come out with a white version. Those black rods are hard to see at night.

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have 3 of the 9 foot med. - hev. and 2 of the 10 ft. heavy action Catmaxx rods and I really like them alot. Very well built with quality guides, cork handle, E-Glass blank. Very nice rod for the money.

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i have my baitrunner on a 7'6 catmaxx rod and i love it