Bass Minnows

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Tip123Q, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was wondering if anyone has caught or been catching some cats off of bass minnows? Im going fishing tonight and havent been able to get any bluegill plus I dont think the local bait shop sells shad?

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats a big 10-4 good buddy

they used to be my fav. bait for cats and bass. they are hard to find around the local bait shops these days though. i like them because A they work B you can buy them and C the bait shops usually put that oxygenated blue water in with them so they last longer.

3. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cut or Live Which worked best

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Whats the difference between a bass minnow and plain jane minnow?

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    use them a lot. they work for Me.

6. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You might want to check your state law on useing bass minnows. Bass is a game fish, and some states it is illeagal to use game fish as bait. Good luck:cool2:

7. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We'll aloud to use them i dont think they are actually bass i think they call them bass minnows cause thats the main fish people use them for??????? I went fishing last night and i caught a 22 inch dog fish with the bass minnow then I caught a 27 inch channel with liver.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Just this year alone on 3 inch minnows I've landed 33 and 42 pound flatheads.

They work.
    Its just like bass fishing sometimes in that you can over bait. Go to a smaller presentation and you start getting bit from a no bite situation.
    Sometimes you may need to a go bigger more active bait.