Bass gear for carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by countrycat15, May 11, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hay guys,i was wondering if any body else here uses bass gear for carp fishing.if so please tell me what kind of gear u use and how big ur pb carp is.

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have seen paylakers using bass flipping rods for big carp. I use 6 and 7ft rods, and ultra lights that are intended for crappie on the carp. My old PB was 17lbs on a rod 5ft long and 4lb test. My current is 22.3lbs caught on 12lb test and a abu 6000 reel 7ft lightning rod.

3. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i use a cheap bass rod. any rod will work ive used everything from from heavy ocean rods to ultralite rods. my pb is about 25 and was caught on a lighter 7 foot rod that i use for panfishing. 8# test and a light spinning reel worked great.

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Basically any rod/reel combo will work, as long as the reel has a drag system. You can use big catfish rods/reels, or ultra lights. I prefer to use a 7foot ugly stick spinning rod and any spinning reel with a decent drag and 6-17lb. test.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I use my smallmouth fishing ultra light ugly stick a lot of times with 6lb test for carp.

6. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    thanks for the posts guys(a little late i know).