Bass for catfish bait ?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by IfishFORcatfish, Nov 2, 2006.

1. IfishFORcatfish

IfishFORcatfish New Member

State:
    california
    can you use bass to catch a catfish ??

2. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You could...be careful if you do...gamefish might be illegal to use as bait in your area. There's a thread in the somewhere in the catfish section that talks about using a 2 lb bass as bait...maybe some more info for you in that thread...

3. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Game fish in texas is illegal to use as bait.

4. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    in texas if the game warden didnt get ya, the lynch mob sure would.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    game warden told me here in tennessee if it is legal to keep it is legal for bait. a bass would have to be 15 inches to be legal bait. if you cut it up it would no longer be legal because you could not prove the length. anyway i love bass too. if he is 15 inches i will eat him myself.

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Definately check your regulations. In Indiana any legal size gamefish can be used as bait as long as it was caught on rod and reel. I know of guys that use legal sized bass and have caught fish, but that's a big piece of bait and I would rather have a 16 inch shad or skipjack out there.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Its illegal, to use Bass for bait here. In Alabama the only game fish u can use for bait is bream. I would use shad or minnows anyway for bream.

8. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    NO, not in CA only live bait blue gills, tilaipa, and some sun fishes, gold fish also and that only for part s of CA like the colorado river , CK the regs