Bass fishing today

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Spongiform, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It was sunny and breezy out today so I went down to the local park and fooled around for a few hours. Here's my catch of the day.
    Water was muddy due to the wind. I caught a half lb largemouth on a pumpkinseed worm and the second one(the one in the pic) on a white worm. I was also using smelly jelly - bass feast on them every so often.

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Nice fish man, you gotta love the pumpkinseed worm. It wont be to long and I will be throwing my bubble gum worms around...I love them too.

Great pic..thanks.

-Jim-

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Brian congrad's on the bass...It's always nice to get out and be rewarded with something on the end of the hook.:smile2:

4. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Sorry all you caught was bass. thats what i catch on my bad days too! If everyone else is catchin crappie i will catch a bass.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :crazy:
    :worship: "Way To go Brian" & "Congratulations"

What was the weight of that one? :confused2:
    :0a23:

6. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I didn't have my scales on me at the time. I'd guess ~4-5 lbs + some extra weight due to what appears to be a pregnant belly. That pond is heavily overfished by people fishing for food (ie: they keep _anything_ and _everything_) but it also gets stocked regularly. However the fish they stock go in at about half a pound. I figure if that bass has survived in that place long enough to get that big AND is pregnant, she gets to go back.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice, Bass Fishing.

8. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    That's a nice catch brother.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the nice bass. When water is muddy fish will prefer darker baits. Since you caught them on light colored baits I would guess the smelly jelly was doing a great job for you.